Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Way Back Wednesday: Faux Fan Brush

The art itself is new, but the "polish" I used is older. Where to start...

I love Blue Ray so much I wasn't ready to take her off. I wanted to do the fan brush mani with Sterling Silver, but with no fan brush... that was out. While I was digging through my tub for the brush I happened across those Orly Instant Artist paints and thought that Platinum made a great substitution.



That looks kind of fan brushy, right? I just dragged the tip back and forth down the length of my nail. Nothing complicated, and I really like the effect. I was super pissed at how my right hand turned out... at first... over the past day it's grown on me.



The funky, misshapen lines give it kind of an... Asian calligraphy/street art feel to it. Topped the whole thing off with topcoat so the paint wouldn't flake off.

Feedback! lol Does it look remotely like a fan brush mani or am I fooling myself? Which do you prefer? The more uniform lines on my left hand or the practically out of control lines on my right? How do you like the silver with the blue? Should I have gone matte? I almost matte-ed it. Would glitter have been too much? LOL Now I'm rambling. Y'all take care out there!!!! (^_^)"/"

4 comments:

  1. These look great! I love the colour combination! I think it does look like a fan brush design - especially the left hand! The right hand reminds me of a sugar spun design! I have a fan brush but to be honest I don't really know what to do with it - I've only used it once! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ So glad you like it. :D It is kind of an odd shaped brush. I'd have no idea what to do with it for my face... lol

      Delete
  2. Yea this has a very artsy feel to it. I feel like there is probably a million dollar painting out there with the exact same design and we just don't know about it. Oooh modern art....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw That's so sweet! ^_^ hehehehe There probably is. lol I love modern art. I don't always "get" it, but I like it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!