Saturday, July 12, 2014

Rimmel: Fizzy Applelicious +Stamping

OMG YOU GUYS!!! *runs into the room ~ trips on the carpet ~ crashes into the couch fort* I'm okay! hehehehe Super stoked about this stamping which is kind of a relief because I was a little disappointed with Fizzy Applelicious...



Fizzy Applelicious has an amazing PixieDust-like texture, but the color is a very (almost painfully) pale green. Also, this is three coats and it's still kinda sheer...



See? I don't hate it, but... I was hoping for just a bit more color. COLOR!!

Before removing Fizzy Applelicious (I really love the name hehehe) I thought I would do a test stamp with my new Born Pretty Store Stamping Plate QA81.



(included my thumb so you can bear witness to the spaz attack that resulted in a different design on my left thumb...) I've had such bad luck with stamping lately that my hopes were not high. However, after the first stamping I knew I would have to do a full mani immediately!



Ta-da!!! The designs are on the small side and barely fit my shorties. I have some blank areas where I didn't line the image up precisely so I think this will be a "shorties only" plate. As far as the full-nail designs are concerned, anyway. Stamping was done with Maybelline Onyx Rush which is almost empty.... Going to have to dig out another black cream soon.



I really don't want to topcoat and lose the texture so I'm hoping that the texture is enough to hold the stamping in place. Ever not topcoat a stamp and have it rub right off? Frustrating! I'll let you know how these fare overnight. *fingers crossed*

I was going to wait until tomorrow to share the stamping, but as you can tell by my spectacular entrance... I was too excited to wait. So. Tomorrow can be my hair post; only slightly belated. Then Monday and Tuesday will be Stuck On You and BPS plate QA88. Finally. Then Way Back Wednesday which I think I know where I'm going to go with it. hehehe Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. This turned out so cool looking! I will definitely have to try stamping over a textured polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! ^_^ The end result has so much dimension in person.

      Delete
  2. OMG this looks fantastic! Never thought about stamping over textured polish, but now I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GYAH! That's what I forgot! I actually got the idea from gin shivers!! Definitely give it a shot. Can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  3. ACK!! *fixes cushion fort* <_< OOH I really like how this turned out with the stamping! agree the green is super sheer though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! *helps fix cushion fort* Yeah, just a wee bit disappointing. At least the stamping helped. @_@

      Delete
  4. You should give us a pic of how this held up before you take it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Great idea! *checks* So far so good, but then I haven't been to bed yet... >_> lol

      Delete
  5. I think the texture will help keep the stamping in place. I love houndstooth, its such a classy classy design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be holding up really well. ^_^ I think the only time I encountered houndstooth (except recently with nail art) was an umbrella I had when I was a kid. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!