Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Way Back Wednesday-a-palooza +China Glaze: Lightning Bolt

Connectivity issues! You know I hate 'em. Someone remind me to save frequently.... "Save frequently!!" Thanks. hehehe *ahem* I was going to divide this up into two separate posts, but... This whole mani was way out of hand before I even started, so why not take y'all along for the ride?

Way back Wednesday! All of these polishes (except for Lightning Bolt) have been swatched before, and it wasn't until I had finished that I realized I had even done this sponging before! lol



I started with one coat of French White Creme then sponged on the gradient with French White Creme, China Glaze Elephant Walk and Sinful Colors Black On Black.

Next comes the part where Norma's gonna get a bit salty. hehehe I just had to add the glitter before the crackle; she thought it would look better on top of the crackle. What are your thoughts?



That's one coat each of Nubar's Black Polka Dot and White Polka Dot. I wish the white glitters had been more matte white, but I think the effect still works.



Then (hehehehe) the crackle! First a look at Lightning Bolt all on its own.



My only wish is that the French White Creme was as stark white as Lightning Bolt so that the colors melded together.



Fortunately Black Mesh and Black On Black were much closer.



Which gives me some very interesting ideas for future projects.



How cool is that?! I love working in shades of grey!!

I know I said I try to mix things up, but... tomorrow is going to be China Glaze Adore. Friday will be another twofer with Zoya Farah (yep, a nude!) and Funky Fingers Jawbreaker. Then OMG I'll have the polish mob completely lined up in queue! It's a pretty long line, stretching the length of my keyboard, but still. Exciting! Also a little sad because... it just makes me want to get more... hehehe I know. Problems: I haz 'em. Well, things are not wanting to load (or credit *gggrrrrr*) again so I'm going to save again and be off. Hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far. Take care!! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Ack! *is salty* ;) I kid! I love the crackle/gradient effect. Super awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Sorry! ;) I'm definitely going to be doing something like this again.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ Definitely one of my faves.

      Delete
  3. the gradient is perfect (jelly of your skills) and the crackle topper fits just right! I love this b & w look <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *bows* hehehe This is actually the first time it didn't turn out all bubbly. lol

      Delete
  4. Oooh that looks really cool, reminds me of wintery forest with trees, do you know what im talking about lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh yes! I didn't even think of that, but it does!

      Delete
  5. Love this! As for the glitter, I like it peeking out from behind the crackle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks! ^_^ I think next time I'll try it with either more or bigger glitter so the effect is more apparent. ;)

      Delete
  6. Very pretty I like the design both ways and with the crakle too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!