Monday, June 2, 2014

Sally Hansen: Purple Alloy

Hey guys! I'm here. Spent all day plodding around the lake in the heat. Great workout, but exhausting! Still, I'm here. For you. lol

So, Norma's been coming across some less-than-stellar reviews for these new Sally Hansen chromes. I will concede that the colored ones have been separated. However, it does not take five minutes to get it to come together. Fifteen seconds of vigorous shaking has been plenty for all three of the colors that I have.



Sorry about the lighting. Sun was setting by the time I got to these... No basecoat, no bubbles, no dragging, almost no dry time. Perfect chrome. Purple Alloy kind of shifts between a pinkish purple and a bluish purple depending on the angle and lighting.



See? lol Dries flat just like Push And Shove, but I think the pigment makes it slightly less noticeable.

Do not fear the chromes! Do shake them, don't break your arm doing so. It's unnecessary. If you don't want to do more than one coat (eliminate dragging) don't wear a basecoat. I can't say whether they stain or not, but if you're like me and wear polish incessantly then it doesn't matter much anyway. If you don't mind applying two coats, go ahead and use a basecoat. It's all about the same. Gorgeous chrome-ness. You know I love it. In fact, I'll have the green one probably Sunday; assuming it doesn't line-jump ahead. hehehe

Tomorrow I'll have What Do U Think?, which is one of the old Colour & Go essences. Pretty excited about that. After my shower I'll start digging around for this week's WBW polish. Oh wow... sorry, this has been sitting here for 20 minutes. See y'all tomorrow!! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. aww this looks amazing :) and i bet they are great for stamping <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure they would be. So far they're very similar to the old chromes and those are. Really need to do more stamping. I don't know how you find the time!!

      Delete
  2. Added to list!
    Although I do have to say, your nails seem to work really well with chromes, they always look extra shiny and foil-y on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *preens* Thanks. ^_^ lol I think people put too much thought into it. I just slap 'em on like any other polish and it seems to work out.

      Delete
  3. That's a nice colour almost like a foil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost. I think a lot of that is the setting sun making it kind of duo-chromey.

      Delete
  4. Interesting. Would you say application was easier or roughly the same as OPI Push and Shove? Cause I had the worst time applying that one. Of course it was my first ever chrome so that's prob why. I really should take it down and try it again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a toughy. About the same, maybe a little easier? I think not using a basecoat helped immensely.

      Delete
  5. Stunning! Will be looking for these when I head to town in a little bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! Can't wait to see which ones you get!! ^_^

      Delete
    2. I could not find any :( I will keep looking though!

      Delete
    3. Oh noes! :( Do you have a Target nearby? Apparently it's a dollar cheaper there.

      Delete
  6. I wish my nails were smooth enough to wear these without basecoat. They are not, and I had trouble finding a base these SH Color Foils played nice with. I would buff my nails smooth, but fear that road leads to even more peelies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hrm. I can't say for sure. Buffing made mine a lot stronger and don't peel as much as they used to. I did see one girl used these over a gel mani and that came out super smooth.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!