Friday, June 27, 2014

Polish Yer Hooves: Soft Kitty Collection

"Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur; happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr"


Hello, everyone! I'm so excited to bring you another new collection from Polish Yer Hooves! Whether or not you are a fan of The Big Bang Theory, The Soft Kitty collection* is just so adorable all on its own. Each glitter is swatched over a base color** but I will also show each polish undies free on my palette at the end.



Of course we have Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Happy Kitty and Sleepy Kitty. While each Kitty polish does contain cat head shaped glitters, each is unique. So let's get started!

In keeping with the song I'm going to start off with Soft Kitty:



Soft Kitty contains dark pink cat glitter suspended in a milky white base. This definitely makes me think of fresh, soft laundry.



The glitter to base ratio isn't super dense on these so there is a bit of fishing (and possibly placing) required, but the payoff is completely worth it.



I think Soft Kitty especially would work well in a jelly sandwich.

Up next we have Warm Kitty:



Isn't that label so cute! Warm Kitty contains light pink cat glitter in a sheer dark grey base with a bit of holo sparkle.



This one is my favorite. The grey and pink work so well together!



Of course if you'd like more holo you can always add a second (or third) coat.

"little ball of fur....."


Happy Kitty:



Happy Kitty consists of dark grey cat glitter in a shimmery, sheer pink base.



Since the bases are sheer you can alter the polish by choosing either a darker or lighter base color over which to layer these.



I bet these dark grey kitties would match well with a variety of bases.

Last, but not least, we end with Sleepy Kitty:



Sleepy Kitty has white cat glitter in a sheer blue base with holo sparkles.



This combination totally reminds me of lullabies and laying down for bed. So relaxing.



purr purr purr.....


As promised, here you can see the varying levels of sheerness:



Looks like Happy Kitty and Sleepy Kitty would be the most buildable. I do like that Soft Kitty and Warm Kitty provide an opportunity to more drastically alter the base color. That said, I think Leigh Anne matched the glitters and their bases perfectly.

For those of you who are interested, the Under The Dome collection is now live and available through the Polish Yer Hooves storenvy shop! The Soft Kitty collection will be available very soon as well. Perfect set for any Big Bang Theory fan or cat lover. Or polish lover for that matter. Cat head glitters. I've seen them with my own eyes and still can't get over them.

Hope everyone is doing well and has an amazing weekend. Happy polishing! (^_^)"/"



*Polishes provided free for honest blog review purposes. Content not dictated.
**Base colors used: Lily Bloom, Elephant Walk, Chaising Lacy and I Lilac You.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. omg Thank you!! I don't think I've ever had more fun swatching. By far the cutest collection ever!!! ^_^

      Delete
  2. O.M.G. I FINALLY managed to get rid of the annoying song that was in my head (theme song for a children animation series called Alfred J Kwak called 'Ik ben vandaag zo vrolijk' which means 'Today I am so cheerful'... google at your own risk!!!) and now I've been singing Soft Kitty for at least ten minutes already...
    *forces mind on more important matters*
    The polishes are great and the labels are SOOOO cute!
    *soft kitty... warm kitty... ARGH!!!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Yeah, it's been stuck in my head all day, too. hehehe I'm sure pretty kitty polishes are a lot more pleasant than the children's cartoon. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hmm I wish the glitters were shaped more like cat heads, I initially thought they were fat moons haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol You do have to look kind of close, but I still think they're cute. =^_^=

      Delete
  4. gah! I want these sooo much but they are so expensive with shipping :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you're going to come to Texas just have them sent to me and take 'em back with you. ;)

      Delete
  5. I love The Big Bang Theory! I think Warm Kitty and Sleepy Kitty are my favourites! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!