Saturday, May 24, 2014

Orly: Purple Velvet +Haul

Hey, everybody!! Man oh man have I been busy! Would you believe my nails have been naked for almost two days?! *dies* Fortunately I do have a couple of pictures lined up so I can still bring you the daily nail. ^_^

Today I have two coats of Orly's Purple Velvet. Totally awesome matte purple. Applied smoothly, dried quickly.



That actually came out pretty color accurate. Perfect addition to the rest of my Orly mattes. hehehe Quick shot in the shade!



I love my matte topcoats, but I love having matte straight out of the bottle even more.

So... just as soon as I tell myself I need to save some money I run into nail polish awesomeness. I've been waiting for months for Goodwill to get a "new" Nabi display and they finally delivered with the scented collection!



In a perfect world I would have grabbed one of each of the thirty or so in the display, but I managed to restrain myself and got White, Hot Pink, Lime and Neon Orange. Now to just hang tight and wait patiently for them to get the textures!! I already warned Aaron I will be grabbing far more of those.

Then after weeks of waiting for anybody to get the Sally Hansen chromes, I finally found them at Walgreens. There was no price on the display and I nearly had a stroke while checking out, but... CHROME!! The bottles are super reflective so this next picture kinda sucks.



Again, I would have loved to get them all, but thankfully pared it down to my favorites: Purple Alloy, Cobalt Chrome, Minted Metal and Sterling Silver. I'll be hanging on to Sterling Silver until I can get my hands on No Place Like Chrome and then I'll have yet another silver chrome comparison for you guys!

Yesterday was an especially big day for Aaron. Turns out I was right to be concerned about his feelings having to change his hair and wardrobe and such to venture out into the "grown up" working world. He found a great remedy, though!



"Say No To Normal". Now he's happy. No matter what he has to do on the outside, he knows what's going on underneath it all. Also, when he's happy I'm happy. Incidentally I'll be getting a new tattoo in a couple of weeks when we go back to show the artist how it's healed up. Awesome guy, great work, surprisingly affordable. Can't wait.

That's it for me today. Uhm... Looks like tomorrow I'll have essence That's What I Mint topped with ChG Light As A Feather. Gorgeous combo. You're gonna love it. Even if you hate bar glitter. lol Now I'm going to see if I can find that essie on the cheap before I have to make dinner. Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend! Take care and stay safe. (^_^)"/"

15 comments:

  1. That is a lovely shade of purple! I did not know SH had some chromes :/ can't wait to see your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayup, I think they released earlier this month? Or late last month. Just now got to me, though, so they're making the rounds. lol Also *pokes* You haven't been on MFP in a while. Hope everything is okay!

      Delete
    2. Oh I know, gotta get back on that ASAP. Every thing is good though :)

      Delete
    3. Awesome! ^_^ Glad to hear it.

      Delete
  2. Yea uh whatt I did not know about those SH polishes, I need to get my hands on those!! They would be so good for stamping!!
    And Aaron's new hair looks great.. and dat crazy brow lolz, even more intense than jack nicholson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, one coaters (did my toes silver last night lol) but they dry pretty quickly so you'd have to stamp fast. Hope you can find them! *fingers crossed*

      Delete
    2. And he says "thanks" lol

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see the Sh's! How much did they cost? (yeah I know that's tacky but I'm dying to know the retail price)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $7.99 each. O_O $7.99!!! Plus tax! *dies* So worth it, though. Like I told Jasmine, I did my toes with the silver last night and so far no chips or anything.

      Delete
    2. Ack! That means they'd most likely be even more expensive here AND we pay 15% tax on everything *_* If I get a few of these i'll be waiting for a sale

      Delete
    3. So jealous that you can do that. lol As it is there was already one missing from each of the colors and only one of the gold left. O_O

      Delete
    4. DUDE! I guess it's a good thing to live in a small town where no one cares about polish. Seriously...the treasures I found just sitting there in the clearance bin...!

      Delete
    5. JEALOUS! hehehehe I guess it's a trade off since we have so much easily accessable that you have to hunt for...

      Delete
    6. True. You guys have access to sooo much. And cheaper too! And you tend to get collections (like the SH Chromes) way earlier than we do

      Delete
    7. Now I'm sad.... *strokes chromey preciousses*...... You'll get them. And they'll go on sale! Super quick! I command it!!!! >_>

      Delete

I love hearing from you!