Monday, May 5, 2014

Layla: Mercury Twilight

Yay! Much earlier today. lol Aaron was awake this morning so I didn't get pulled into New Vegas first thing. Got our errands done early and it's nice to be able to just relax until dinner.

Today I have Layla Mercury Twilight! You probably know that the Layla Hologram Effect polishes came out... what? A year or two ago? I caught the display at Ulta when I first started going polish crazy but the pricetag ($15, I believe) steered me away so quickly. Fortunately for me, gin had a swap fall through and asked me if I wanted any of the polishes. This was one of them! I couldn't resist. So, did Mercury Twilight live up to the hype?



That is definitely some strong holo right there. Even indoors by the light of my computer monitor the holo is shimmering like Plum Me Up Scotty did outdoors.



That part is phenomenal. Dries matte so it dries really quickly. Which may or may not have been part of the problem(s). This is four coats. Partly due to sheerness, partly due to dragging and bald spots. I used the Orly Bonder basecoat to try and minimize drag (as per my Push & Shove results) and that didn't help.





It's not really obvious through the brilliant sparkle, but kind of frustrating considering the MSRP. It's not enough to deter me from hunting down more on storenvy at discounted prices, but... still worth mentioning in case you plan on doing the same.

Video!!!



@_@ So pretty.

Tomorrow I'll have, for you, an essence from years-gone-by; Forever Mine from the Denim Wanted Trend Edition. With some appropriate water decals! Wednesday we're coming back into the present with two of the (relatively) current Finger Paints flakies. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. Take care and I'll see you tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Gahh I am so sad you had such application problems - but holos like these also the Nfu.OH ones need a aqua base and then all the problems are gone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought of that. I have a ton of basecoats to use up, though, so my polishes are just going to have to learn to cooperate. LOL

      Delete
  2. Urgh on application issues. But man this is purty! Two words-Worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with the application problems, I would say it's worth it. So gorgeous! @-@

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh darn OMGGGG Now that's a holo!!
    The sheerness seems kind of annoying because Harp it On (Harp On it?) from Color club is a simple two coater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Holo has definitely come a long way in a short time.

      Delete
  5. I love my Layla holos and yeah, an aqua base really does make them behave well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah! *flails* I guess if I find some on clearance somewhere I'll grab it... lol

      Delete
  6. This is such a pretty holo. Never tried the brand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay if you can find it cheap, but normally it is quite expensive and (imo) not really worth it. Hope you get to try it, though. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!