Saturday, May 31, 2014

Decluttering Update #4

Ever have one of those "duh"/"a-ha!" moments? Me, too! That's why I'm starting this now. Before we leave. While I have time. *ahem*




Starting with two Cartier perfume samples that I did not like at all. In my opinion Declaration smelled like a stuffy old lady and Baiser Vole smelled like a stuffy old lady's attic. Two different scents, same general theme.



I went through a couple of the samples that gin sent. This "aqua drop pack" is like a nighttime moisturizer that... is almost exactly what it says. Very watery, but absorbed pretty quickly and did moisturize.



Finally! Julep's Mighty Nail & Cuticle serum. I've never had problems with my cuticles, and from my previous (continuous) usage it didn't do anything for the staining (as far as trying to grow it out), but it does seem to have helped with growing out my ridges. My nails are still ridgy, but far less so. Could be this, could be the buffing, could be both. Who knows?



I'll be honest... I don't even remember using this. lol I swear next month I'll take notes.



This I do remember. It was a bit thinner than I expected, but foamed up really nicely so it at least felt like it was deep cleaning.



The "olive oil cream". Was about what it says as well. Like a cream moisturizer with olive oil in it. Smelled like olive oil, but didn't feel greasy or anything on my skin.



OMG Actual make-up! I love this! Pressed powder that does, in fact, "cover all". Gave me a very even, matte finish without foundation. Once I finish up my other pressed powders I will very likely purchase this again... assuming it's still available.



Lastly, Lancome's Hypnose Star mascara. Hated this, too. It was so thick and heavy that I could feel it pulling my lashes down; making me feel sleepy. I love free samples (this was a Sephora birthday freebie), but I will not ever buy this. My current essence mascara looks far more natural without weighing down my lids.

So, there we have it. I won't have a true update until tomorrow, but as of last week I've lost a total of 12lbs!! Eight in April and four for May isn't stellar, but progress is progress and I'm sticking with it. Welp, time to pee and throw some clothes on. See you next month! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. dont know which one i would prefer more, old lady or old ladies attic lolz
    a good mascara is so hard to find! i find the majority of them dont hold curls very well
    and congrats on the weight loss! Thats amazig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Well, between the two I did prefer the attic smelling one. It was slightly more wearable with less of the eau de old lady. hehehe Hrm. I seem to remember reading that if you curl your lashes you should use clear mascara then the color because the clear is more like hair gel and will hold the curl better than just mascara. Maybe that would help? Also, thanks! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I've tried Julep's Mighty Nail & Cuticle serum, really liked it, made my cuticles softer. Congrats on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! ^_^ I'm glad it worked for you. I heard so many "blah blah this sucks blah blah doesn't work" I just quit paying attention. I'm convinced most of the people who post on facebook just do so to hear themselves bitch... >_>

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 pounds in two months seems great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't feel that much different, but I'm still 20+ away from my goal so hopefully soon. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!