Thursday, May 22, 2014

China Glaze: Tail Me Something

Texture!! I wasn't going to name names because I don't believe in blog-bashing, but apparently this is considered an article so.... *ahem*

The other day this article started circulating around the polish arena. Now, I'm all for freedom of speech. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion and all that good stuff. However, to say that something needs to "die" simply because you (not you personally, you know what I mean) don't like it is... just way out of line. I've ranted at length about the misconceptions regarding texture polish (Cliff's Notes: it does not look like sheet-marked polish and it's far easier to remove than glitter), but the bottom line is this: If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Me? I love texture polish, and I'm not the only one. So as my part of an outpouring of love for texture (keep your eyes on Frazzle and Aniploish for Karen's addition!) I present to you Tail Me Something from China Glaze's Sea Goddess collection!



Of course I didn't get any sun. LOL This is two coats, dried super quick. It's more frosty than sparkly, but in my opinion this is closer to what Stevie should have been.

I did get some sun later in the day, but only had my phone with me.



I know, I know. I should have done a comparison with Stevie, but I honestly expected this to be more of a deep purple, and also more... PixieDust-like? Less frosty? Along those lines.... *ahem* Close-up!



Texture! It's not for everybody, to be sure, but I enjoy it. I will continue to enjoy it. I will rally around new texture collections, sing their praises, and sport them along with my crackles, holos, mattes, shimmers, magnetics and creams. Let us not thwart polish expansion and creativity, but embrace it. If it wasn't for innovation we'd all still be wearing basic red and pink and that, my dears, is a very scary thought indeed.

Tomorrow I will be handing over the reigns to Norma so she can regale us with her Jamberry experience. Then Saturday I'll be going matte with Orly's Purple Velvet. Exciting things on the horizon. Will you join us? I hope you do. Y'all take care and I will see you tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. That was a horrible 'article', it's not like anyone is forcing her to wear it or even look at it. I personally like the textured polishes that I've bought or been given and I really like this one you are showing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! *high fives* If you have a Sally's nearby this was on clearance. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yep!! Some people think that if they don't like it everyone shouldn't like it too or vice verse. This color is nice I like textured glitter polishes others not so much :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll never understand that logic. Nothing wrong with being different. ^_^

      Delete
  3. Urgh. Freaking haters. You hit the nail on the head - if they don't like it. Don't buy it. Period. According to some all we should have is creams. Creams are great but keep experimenting I say!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!