Thursday, May 15, 2014

China Glaze: Sand Dolla Make You Holla

Hey, y'all. I'm gonna be honest. Sand Dolla Make You Holla was the absolute last one of the Sea Goddess polishes on my list. I hate the name and I'm not crazy about the weird pinkish off-white color. Still, Sally's had it on clearance with their extra 50% off sale so I grabbed it. I mean, sometimes a polish surprises, right?



In real life Sand Dolla is more pinkish than it looks in the bottle. I'm not sure if that helps, but it is. On me anyway. It's also really really sheer. This is three coats and I would have gone for a fourth if I wasn't afraid of it all melting and having to wait hours for the texture to show back up. It is, as I guessed yesterday, that "wet sand" texture. That's the only thing I don't mind about this one...



*shrugs* They can't all be winners, eh? And this is just my opinion. I know there are people that only like this one out of the collection. If you can grab it cheap, it's worth trying out.

By popular demand tomorrow will be Nfu Oh GS14! Yep, expedited swatching. It's not supposed to rain again. *knock on wood* I'm both excited and cautious. lol Hope everyone is having a great week. Can't believe May is almost half over already... we're trucking along. Y'all take care and I'll see you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Humm. I'm not wild about this one, either. Bet it'd look funky if you crackled over it though!!Or what about marbling with it? Not sure if water marble would work but I bet a dry marble would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hrm. The crackle might be interesting. *strokes beard* Yes....

      Delete
  2. Ehhh iuno, I don't like it, but if they are aiming for the wet sand on nail look then they nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol That they did. Definitely like the blue one better, though.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!