Tuesday, May 27, 2014

China Glaze Real Nail Polish Appliques: Sneaky Snake

That's kind of a mouthful. lol Today we're getting a look at China Glaze's addition to the "polish strip" world thanks to an extra 50% off clearance sale at Sally's. ^_^ I try not to buy these too often because they're usually pricey and I know I won't wear them that long. No matter how awesome they look.... and Sneaky Snake is pretty freakin' awesome.



If you have any experience with polish strips then it might help to know that these are about mid-way between the very pliable and easily smoothable Sally Hansen version, and the stiff ones that are practically stickers. (Like the Kiss ones or OPI Nail Apps) They were fairly pliable, but didn't smooth completely (that required some acetone and two layers of topcoat) and did have adhesive on the back. Oh yeah, I said I'd get a picture of the packaging:



It is a super cool design and once I did finally manage to get the appliques smoothed out the effect was really nice. Just a little more work than I think it should have been. Also, sizing was a little difficult to determine...



My nails are pretty rounded, though, so that wasn't really visible most of the time. Overall I think I'd give these a B+. They do work, but could use some improvements.

Yes, I wore these right before the last big chop and decided to go a little wild with a second piercing:



How could I not? Badass design like that should have extra piercings. LOL

Have you tried the China Glaze Appliques? What were your impressions?

Let's see... tomorrow is WBWednesday (I think I'm going to keep making these a surprise), then Thursday we're jumping back into the untrieds with essence Yummy, Yummy!. Also need to remember my empties because the end of the month is sneaking up on us quickly! Are you ready for June? lol Welp, I'm going to work on my nails a bit (right hand is still pretty janky from the chop) and get back to my book. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Take care and I'll see you tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know China Glaze had appliques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either until I saw them on clearance. lol

      Delete
  2. On a scale of 1-10 of the badassness, your pinky is at 11, those piercings man.... sooo cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. If I can find anymore I'll grab them for you. :)

      Delete
  4. These are so cool looking, and the piercings, awesomeness! I did not know that China Glaze had this type of product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D Yeah, it seems like something that would have been advertised a little better... lol

      Delete
  5. My impressions of these matched yours--they're not as flexible as the SH strips. I was lazy and didn't topcoat mine, which I'm sure didn't help wear time, but they were shiny enough on their own, I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, they were pretty shiny. I was just hoping to flatten them out a bit more with the topcoat. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!