Monday, April 7, 2014

Zoya: Tangy vs Vollare: "Spring Green" +Plus

Hey, guys. First off, my Cake-Hole nail art came out so cool and I can't wait to show you guys tomorrow. hehehe Second, I knew both of today's polishes were going to be sheer so I have a little extra to go with it, but... I'm going to add that last because I just can't have my blogger thumbnail be my naked nails. You understand. ;)

Starting with two coats of Zoya Tangy. I absolutely love this color for spring. So shimmery and vibrant.



I can't say for dry time because I was in a 'mood' and didn't let it fully dry before getting pics. The formula is super smooth, though, if a bit sheer...



Next I have a similar polish, a nameless Vollare (apparently they don't have names, just numbers) from Gin Shivers. I'm calling this one "Spring Green". This is also two coats.



A little more pastel, little more sheer.



In the bottle they look a lot closer in color than they do on the nail:





As I said before, I knew these were going to be sheer. I had three choices: Wear it as-is (nope), use white undies (eh) or try a little experiment (yes!). I've been alternating the Yellow Buster with my strengthening basecoat and, like a good blogger-girl, have been trying to get regular pictures to see if it makes a significant difference over time. Anyway, for those of you who may not know (it's been a while since I posted naked nails) here's my first YB pic to illustrate why "as-is" was not an option:



Yeah, I know. They've always been like that and as my little experiment taught me, anything else just looks weird. lol Moving on, I started with one coat of the Yellow Buster which, on it's own, has a hazy purple finish to combat the yellowing and kind of blur things up a bit.



Not a lot, but it is a noticeable difference. If you only have a slight bit of yellowing I'd say this could probably eradicate it for you. For me, I wanted a bit more so I added a coat of that essence "pro white" I picked up during my Butter London haul:



Little better, but if we're playing around why not add some nice white tips with my essence Natural White tip painter and another coat of "pro white"?



Okay, here's where I really want y'all's opinions. It could be that I'm so used to how my nails normally look, but omg this looked even more unhealthy to me. Like I had cyanosis or something. lol Was definitely an experience...

Uhm... I dyed my hair last night. "Deep Burgundy". Still fairly tame, but I needed something different and, after going over some past pics, I just couldn't go lighter again. Soon as the sun comes out I'll straighten it and get some pics. Oh! I was going to wait until my next Decluttering post, but I lost 2lbs last week! Yay! It's a (re-)start. I've got Cake-Hole for tomorrow and then a surprise from Polish Yer Hooves who will still do custom polishes! So I took advantage for a St Paddy's Day Zombie Cow. hehehe Then it's back to the queue to see if I can't get these unruly polishes back in line somehow. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. It's still early for me so *fingers crossed* Y'all take care, stay warm and dry and I'll see you tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked the Vollare and who would have thought it's so similar to a fancy brand like Zoya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite similar. ^_^ But different enough. My favorite kind of different. lol

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I thought the yellow buster was supposed to be one of those treatments that you put on your nails and when you took it off it lightened nail stains? But it seems like it's more of something you put over your nails and it makes them look lighter while it's on? Is that true? Anyway I liked how your nails looked with just the yellow buster. They looked less stained but not fake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure, actually. lol It seems to be making a long term difference, but that could be my imagination. I will continue to monitor the situation. (O)_(O)

      Delete
    2. Hehe omg I love the little monitor-y eyes almost as much as the sun dance face you did for me that one time!

      Delete
    3. Yes! lol The sun dance. /(O_O)/ \(O_O)\ hehehe

      Delete
    4. \O_O\ /O_O/ Hehehe!! Also it worked! We had a sunny day yesterday!

      Delete
  3. They really do look similar, way to go cheap Vollare polish :) But from my experience they smell really bad :( I lauged at the fact that you don't want naked nails for thumbnail pics, I'm the same :) And I can totally relate to stained nails, mine look horible even though I use basecoat every time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Vollare cheap? I had never heard of it before this one. I do like it, though, and didn't notice any off-putting smells. Although I haven't been smelling the KleanColor stink either so maybe my nose is becoming immune... >_> hehehe Yeah, wouldn't want to scare anybody off with a bad preview thumbnail. ;)

      Delete
  4. Tangy is so going on my wishlist!! I think your nails look healthy with just the Yellow Buster but they do look a little more healthy with the one coat of essence pro white. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you'll love it! ^_^ hehehe Thanks. I actually buffed them again today and I think it took some of the yellow with it this time. O_O I'll be getting some fresh pics next time I'm between colors for a day.

      Delete
  5. The yellow buster make a HUGE difference on your nails! Like no staining at all!! Very nice, great product. Oh, did you try my tip on the Essence Gel Like TC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw, I'll have to keep it in mind for the next time that happens. I had already mixed it in with half a bottle of quick dry I had sitting out.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!