Sunday, April 13, 2014

Julep Spring Themed Nail Art

OMG You guys! A few days ago I was contacted by Julep to take part in a spring themed nail art... they say "competition" because they'll be featuring their favorites, but I'd like to think of it as more like a "come together". Now... last year I took part in Pure Ice's #PureIceMyCity contest and was a bit put out when the winner didn't use all Pure Ice polishes. As such I initially wasn't going to go for this one, but... why not, right? It's a good reason to practice my skills. So here is my spring inspired art:



In line with my initial reservations and personal philosophies I used only Julep polishes to accomplish this look.



Sadly I can't promise you'll be able to get your hands on all of these as the first two are from a Mystery Box I snagged back in 2012. I used "Naida" for the base, "Mango Smoothie" for the polleny parts and yellow dots (both of those were named by my friends since the mystery polishes didn't have names) and Hope for the petals and white dots. My inspiration?



This flower that shows up in our yard from time to time. Of course there weren't any out there today so I borrowed that image from jimandchris.com and the image links to their site. I hope they don't mind! O_O



This wasn't terribly difficult. Free-handed the flowers with a spare striping brush and, of course, dotted the dots with a dotting tool! lol Finished off with (what else?) Julep's Freedom Polymer topcoat. :)



Uhm... I think that's it. lol Thanks everyone for being so kind yesterday. No "ew gross" here! You guys rock. *high fives everybody* I don't know if it's a popular site or not (they have an app so... maybe?) but if any of you happen to be on MyFitnessPal and want to add me there's the link to do it. Hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend. I'll be back here tomorrow with my last two Color Clubs! Take care, y'all! (^_^)"/"

15 comments:

  1. Super cute! If you win what will you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, gorgeous color combo! Sent you a friend request on my fitness pal. I agree, when entering a contest with a company, you should always use their brand of products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I accepted ya. ^_^ Now we can encourage each other! Right? I kinda thought it would have been a mandatory thing, but I guess not... >_>

      Delete
  3. CONGRATS! That's amazing! This look is really pretty and so perfect for spring, I hope you win! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! *fingers crossed* ^_^

      Delete
  4. Great design it's perfect for spring! I also entered the contest too but I didn't use any Julep polishes :( they don't sell them in the UK so I couldn't buy any! You are so lucky you can get them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I hope I didn't come across as offensive. I did get an email from them saying Julep polishes weren't "necessary". It's just a personal hang-up of mine. I can't wait to see what design you did!

      Delete
    2. No don't worry - I'm not offended at all! I understand where you're coming from and I completely agree! :)

      Delete
    3. *phew* ^_^ Good luck with your finals and stuff!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!