Monday, April 21, 2014

Essie: Penny Talk +Comparison +Nail Mail

Hey, guys... First a bit of sad news. Our plecostamus, Howard, died. :( No idea when or how. Just noticed it had been a while since I'd seen him so we scoured the tank and found bits of him under the filter. It's too soon to know if we'll get another one, he was definitely one of a kind with his own personality. *sigh*

So today I have Penny Talk. Two coats, dried super quick. Minimal brushstroke lines. I can definitely see what the hype on this one was about.



I know, the bottle looks way different than the polish, but I swear I grabbed the right one. See?



All I had was brand new and completely thrashed pennies, but to my eyes it definitely looks copper, if not "brand new penny" copper.



*Update* Aaron's talking to one of his friends who said we could have one of his plecos since he's going to have to donate them before a job-related move anyways. Details pending.

I did end up digging everything (except the appropriate Sally Hansen chromes, I can do that if y'all want, though) out for the comparison.



Left to right: Penny Talk, Steel-ing The Scene, Good As Gold, Gold Digger and Wonder Wow! Man!.

Same order on the nails.



I don't know how well it shows, but they are all different. The golds are more similar than the coppers, but... that's getting ahead of myself.



Penny Talk has a smoother chrome finish, while Steel-ing The Scene has a deeper color and some nice sparkle.



Good As Gold and Gold Digger are very similar in color and finish, but Good As Gold leans slightly whiter. Wonder Wow! Man! is the most yellow.

Also, because I thought it was interesting (and in no way snarky, I swear) on the first coat both Penny Talk and Good As Gold had a fair bit of drag similar to Push & Shove.



So... yeah. Chrome finish. You know I love it.

Nail mail time!



China Glaze Adore I ordered off of amazon. All the rest are from storenvy.com. Essie Blue Rhapsody, essence Forever Mine, I Love My Jeans, Date With The Night, What Do U Think? and Can't Cheat On Me. Yeah, I went a bit nutzoid with the 50cent discontinued essences. lol Sadly I have been unable to find the metallic finish Nabi Punky but I'm not giving up!

That's it for me. Tomorrow I'm having a slight change of plans with two semi-sheer glitter minis. Yep. Another twofer to make up for my splurge. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. Take care of yourselves and I will see you tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your fish :(
    I really like the look of Penny Talk! Wonder if I can find that on Amazon ;)
    I have been browsing storenvy.com must go do swagbuck surveys to make paypal money LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. *hugs* Yeah, it should be on amazon. OMG Yes! lol It's so addicting just browing, but ya gotta have the bucks to get the polishes! XD

      Delete
  2. I remember people complaining about the streakiness of this color but I find you are generally really good at applying metallics! Like your OPI push & shove swatches were gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Thank you!! *bows* hehehe I think chrome and metallic are definitely my big polish passions. ^_^

      Delete
  3. That's the problem with fish one day is alive the next is dead and we don't even know why. The colorus look very similar love the essie penny talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. :( Poor fishies. lol Yeah, the golds are really close. I guess there's only so much can be done.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!