Monday, April 14, 2014

Color Club: The Lime Starts Here & Age Of Aquarius

Hey guys!! Another quick apology up front. I painted my nails last night and promptly dropped something under the bed so... there was damage. Lime needed a new coat anyway and you can still see some dings in Aquarius. Ignore those! O_O Ignore 'em. lol I was a bit worried the colors weren't going to come out (another freak thunderstorm this morning), but they look okay to me. Minus the oopsies.

Kicking off today with three (necessary) coats of The Lime Starts Here... I won't often say "I wish I hadn't bought this polish", but... I really could have skipped this one.



Looks okay, right? That's three coats over white and irl it's still kinda streaky. Also, it's scented. You'd think with a name like The Lime Starts Here it would smell something like limes, right? Nope. Whatever the scent is it's seriously sickly sweet and strong. The only upside is that the smell didn't last through the night.



I do love some neon green, but... man... the smell...

Age of Aquarius! Three coats also over white. This one would have been fine at two, but... the spazziness...



This one was much nicer, not overly streaky even on the first coat. Also *looks around* it's unscented. lol



Remember way back last November when I wondered how Glorious Aquarius would look paired with this? You don't? Well I did!



Don't you love it when polishes with coordinating names also have coordinating colors? ^_^

You know what else I love? Quirky technology! Behold! My snazzy new mp3 player!



Yes, seriously! XD It's about the size of an iPod nano and does require a microSD card which I'm currently waiting on. (I thought it came with one) The best thing about it is that it's not overly complicated. I tested it with a spare (2Gig *pfft*) microSD from my old phone and it doesn't freeze my computer! Woohoo! That's why I had to replace my old one. :( It frozed my poor pc. I can charge it so I'm going to keep it. Just can't change the music on it presently and that's starting to bug me. I get bored enough biking in place without listening to the same stuff over and over and over and over....

That's it for me today. I've been trying to not double-up colors/finishes/brands over days, but I've got another green tomorrow. It is a matte so at least that's different. Then on Wednesday we're getting a little naughty. hehehe Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!! Take care, y'all! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. WOW *takes off sunglasses* that is bright! Love Age of Aquarius, that is my kind of color! Coolest looking MP3 player ever :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Age of Aquarius is definitely gorgeous. hehehe Thanks! Yeah, I saw that mp3 player while trolling amazon and it was only $3 (like $5 with shipping) and I HAD to have it!

      Delete
  2. Love Aquarius! Was thinking of buying her but I have CC Edie which looks super similar in swatches. Meh might pick her up anyway ;) Urgh. too bad the lime green one wasn't easier to work with. It must've been bad to give you polish regret :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Yeah, you should totally pick her up anyway. ;) You won't regret it!! Dude... it was mostly the smell. I had read that it didn't smell like limes, but it was like someone was melting sugar right into my nostrils. >_>

      Delete
    2. Oh no that sounds awful *plugs nose* stupid nasty smells taking away from the pleasure of a pretty polish!

      Delete
    3. Yesh >_> It didn't last, but I paint SO close to my face it nearly made me sick. Which I guess if half my own fault, but whatever. :p

      Delete
  3. Love the second one, that is my kind of color!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! \(^_^)/ I wish it was a little more opaque but it is gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. cutest mp3 player ever!

    i thought the lime one was nice from the preview but too bad about all the coats and the scent :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ Yeah, it's a nice color, but there are definitely better neon greens out there. :/

      Delete

I love hearing from you!