Wednesday, April 30, 2014

China Glaze: Devotion & Orly: Peaceful Opposition

Hey, y'all!! Unintentional twofer today! lol I had Peaceful Opposition lined up for tomorrow, but then I thought "hey, Devotion would make a great base for that".

So here we have two coats of Devotion looking more purple than she ought to. It's insane. Devotion looks silver in real life in most lights, but apparently my camera disagreed.



Love. Love. Love chrome. So smooth, so shiny, so elegantly edgy.



Over this I layered one coat of Peaceful Opposition. I'm sure more would give you more of that glitter-depth that these sheer/milky bases are made for, but... I mean... just look at how much glitter I got on the first coat!



I used Norma's suggestion and kept the bottle upside-down last night to re-circulate the glitters. It helps! Here's a pic of my tester-palette so you can see how sheer the base is:



Hardly altered that purple (Orly Purple Velvet) at all!



I like this combination. Actually, I want to try layering Peaceful Opposition over Color Club Hot Like Lava and Cold Metal. I bet that would look pretty awesome.

That's it for me. Tonight I'll have another Decluttering update ready for you. Well, for those of you who are interested in my late night ramblings. lol Tomorrow I'll have another holo, this one from Catrice. And it has a Star Trek name!!! So exciting. Hope everyone had a fantastic month. Take care and I'll catch ya later! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. orly realy out did themselfs with this glitter collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad my suggestion helped! ^_^ This would look cramazing over either of those CC's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helped SO much!! No shaking necessary. (^_^)/"\(^_^) hehehe I do need to do a re-swatch of Hot Like Lava.... ;)

      Delete
  3. The orly topcoat is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? ^_^ So glad I picked it up.

      Delete
  4. I really love this glitter, something about squares lol.... they really get me :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe The squares are awesome. Love interesting shaped glitters. ^_^

      Delete
  5. Devotion is gorgeous! Square Glitter, Awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! @_@ hehehe Can't go wrong with chrome and square glitter.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!