Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Butter London: The Full Monty +Kmart "Haul"

Hey guys! Spa night went well. Not overly relaxing since I took the opportunity to shave some *ahem* "difficult to reach while standing" areas, but I used up some nice samples and tried out the Julep warming foot scrub... eh... I like their Best Pedi Cream Ever better. I don't think they make that anymore, though. *boo* Today has been so long and it's not even half done as far as stuff I have to do. Went and got my car inspected (PASSED! woohoo!) and ran into Ulta for more of the sugaring stuff which I'll review for you soon (next day or two), then I checked out Kmart (which I'll get to in a second) and finally got to paint my nails since I was lazy after my bath last night. LOL

So! Yes! The Full Monty! hehehe If you haven't seen the movie The Full Monty you really should. It's touching. *wipes tear* And hilarious. The Full Monty the polish isn't hilarious or touching, but it is gorgeous... if a tad sheer. I used three coats, but you could probably do two if you don't mind a bit of VNL.



This is what it looks like when I try to paint carefully and avoid cleanup. Not awful... >_> Dried pretty quickly in spite of the three coats. Very sparkly. In the shade:



This polish is a lot of fun. Not just because of the name, but that is part of it. lol

So after seeing peoples' massive Kmart clearance hauls on Polish-aholics Anonymous I finally made it out to the one here and... wow. We don't have a big Kmart, it's old and not very popular since the HEB near it closed. Took me forever to find the clearance stuff and when I finally did the pickin's were slim. Still, I managed to strike two essies off of my wishlist:



Penny Talk and Good As Gold. Yay! $2 each. Yay! lol I almost grabbed some SH polish strips for $2.50, but the designs were kinda boring. Stripes and giraffe.

Tomorrow I'm gonna have another two-fer. The next two in my queue should compliment each other nicely. Want a hint? One of them is the last Finger Paints flakie! Motley. It's a pretty one! So come on back for that! I gotta go feed the cats (and myself) so I will see y'all tomorrow. Take care and have a Happy Wednesday! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. Aww so lucky there golds are great for stamping and nail art :) cant wait to see more flakies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of essie, but I've been wanting these chromes. ^_^ I wish I could have found the others as well, but I'm VERY happy to finally have Penny Talk.

      Delete
  2. Full Monty is gorgeous! Score on the Essie polishes, Penny Talk looks like it will be really pretty on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited! I think Penny Talk was the most popular in the set when it was released. So glad I could find it for cheap. ^_^

      Delete
  3. $2?!?!? I am seething with jealousy lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! *hugs* You're always welcome to come with me. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!