Thursday, March 20, 2014

Illamasqua: Seance +Ulta Haul +Nail Mail

I really need to start typing or this will never get posted. lol As you can probably tell from the title, today's shopping trip was a success! What you probably can't tell (unless you know me on facebook) is that it was a huge success! What you also probably can't tell, but that I need to get to first is how much I love Seance!



I didn't end up doing my nails until right before I left this morning. This is one coat and it dried so fast I was able to rummage for my keys after 10 minutes. Yes! Seriously! Kind of reminds me of Flying Dragon except... a little nicer. lol Definitely smoother, little brighter, same basic color.



Of course I had to take this into the bathroom with my blacklight bulb, and that's where things went... awry...



Aside from the now glaring evidence of my hasty clean-up; in the picture it looks just like Ouija, but in real life it was glowing orange! o_O No idea why my camera didn't want to pick it up, but I assure you I'm working on a way to get a new one post haste.

Butter London time!!



I went to the Ulta in Heights first where I grabbed Silly Billy and Jaded Jack. I debated the whole time whether I should drive out to Temple or not, but I'm glad I did. The layout there is so different, and I don't think they get as much business because with Cake-Hole and The Full Monty (nearly got Jaffa, a neon coral, but I've wanted TFM forevers) I got a free makeup bag! Pretty sure you're supposed to spend $25 on Butter London to get those... at least on the site it's $25. Or maybe it's $25 total with the BL because I also grabbed:



Peaceful Opposition and this pro white gloss that I really have no idea if it's what I thought it was or if it's something else... On the back it says, "Nail whitener to optically brighten nails. Naturally white nails with ultra glossy shine and long lasting gelly finish. Fast drying." So... is it a whitener, a polish, or a french tipper? Or all three? I don't know, but I'm excited to find out.

When I got home I had a box waiting for me! Which was a lot surprising (since I ordered on Sunday) and a little disappointing. I had gotten used to Zoya's more economical and eco-friendly envelope deliveries and it was a pretty big box (could probably fit two kid's sized shoe boxes in it) full of styrofoam for three polishes...



Katy, Josie (the free green!) and Farrah. Yeah, went a little outside my norm for the "purchase two". I almost never buy nudes, so of course I can never find one in my stash when I need one, and Katy... I don't even know. lol It was on my zoya.com wishlist (which I need to update) so I just threw that in there was well. Who needs to make decisions when you have a wishlist? lol

So... I have a few more polishes to go through now... *looks innocent* I have no idea how this keeps happening. Also, I have no idea what to wear tomorrow. LOL Yes I do. I'm going to get the KleanColor Metallic Red done and out of the way. It's sitting here staring at me... trying to make me uncomfortable... well, I'll have the last laugh you red polish you! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *ahem* Happy first day of spring!! Hope you're starting to feel it! Take care and I'll see ya tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! You scored big time at Ulta. Cake Hole was one of the BL that I liked the looks of. All of your Zoya polishes are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I mostly grabbed Cake-Hole for the name. ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice swatches and a mayestic haul :) if u will be dealing with KC Metallic red dont forget its great for stamping *wink,wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Thanks. Yeah, I've been wanting to do more stamping, I just have trouble finding the time.

      Delete
  3. LOL @ the kleancolor trying to stare you into feeling bad! Watch out for those kleancolor reds! I had bite me and it stained like a mad bastard.

    Saweeeet Haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm kind of expecting it to stain. I mean, I expected cleanup to suck and it did; I expected it to bubble and it did. So why not stain, too? LOL

      Delete
  4. Love the butter colors you got, especially the bright ones, Jasmine approves :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! \(^_^)/ If there's a particular one you want to see first, just let me know.

      Delete
  5. Great haul.. been finding a lot of butter London at TJ Maxx lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man.... looks like the closest one we have is almost an hour away... in the same complicated plaza as Sephora... >_> Might have to check that out. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!