Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Essence: Wonder Wow! Man! +Gold Digger Comparison

Good afternoon, everybody!! Glad to see you came back! ^_^ As you can see I have a comparison for you. First, though, let's take a look at the "liquid gold" of Wonder Wow! Man!.



Two coats, quick drying... two necessary coats as it was pretty sheer after the first. As I said, though, it did dry quickly and while it is a bit brush-strokey it wasn't difficult to work with. Spread evenly and all that.



So, how did it compare to Gold Digger? First, a quick look at the bottles:



They do look a little different. Since it was cloudy today I had to take the comparison picture indoors with the flash to capture the fact that these are, in fact, pretty distinct colors.



Gold Digger on my thumb is a more antiqued, pinkish, toned-down gold while Wonder Wow! Man! leans more yellow and is a bit brighter. As Zoya is so fond of saying on their facebook page, "No dupes here!". lol Also, while I'm thinking about it, I prefer the formula on Gold Digger. Thicker, more opaque, one coater if you're careful.

I was trolling Ulta.com last night and came across something that looks promising. So, of course, I headed out there today and was treated to an extra surprise.



First I grabbed the develop 10 "yellow buster" which got rave reviews on the site. To bring my total over $10 and allow me to use my coupon I also grabbed OPI Push And Shove which... was on sale for $4.50! O_O No signs or anything, but that's how it rang up. With my $3.50 coupon I paid $8.50 (after tax) for both of those. I tend to have big breakage/splitting issues if I stray too far from my LA Colors hardening basecoat, so I'll likely alternate between the two, but you can expect a review of the yellow buster... soon? Ish? ....eventually. lol

I'm going to give that yellow buster a try now; remembering to take "before" pics just in case it does something. Halfway through essence week. Hope everyone is having an excellent one so far. C'mon back tomorrow for the final Superheroes polish The Incredible, sand effect. Yay texture! (^_^)"/"

Now if blogger would let me post.... -_-

10 comments:

  1. Did the push and shove come with its base coat??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did. lol I got a little overly excited pulling everything out. I'm going to test it over other basecoats while I'm playing with it. I find it odd that the only way it will work is with this special basecoat. >_>

      Delete
    2. Yea I read so many reviews of the polish but decided against buying it. Looking forward to see how you like it!!

      Delete
    3. I've seen some mixed reactions on it. Mostly I'm just curious how it stacks up. lol I've seen some impressive chromes, but perhaps OPI did manage magic? We'll see!

      Delete
  2. Good price for opi. China glaze and Opi here is getting more and more expensive I just buy if they are on sale China glaze costs £6.89 Opi £11.50 I love these brands but the price is getting ridicules at least for my pocket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! That is expensive!! I would never pay that much for OPI. lol Maybe China Glaze... maybe. That's insane.

      Delete
  3. That was a great deal you got at Ulta! I really like Wonder Wow! Man, I like that it's more of a yellow gold color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a pleasant surprise. ^_^ I don't usually go for gold, but this one I like. It's yellower without being too gaudy.

      Delete
  4. Not big on gold polishes, but I think I like Gold Digger better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold Digger is definitely more subdued. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!