Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Essence: Sneezy & Polish Yer Hooves: In The Farmer's Garden

Hey there, y'all. Howdy, howdy, howdy. lol *ahem* Hope we are all doing well this... evening... hrm. I know, I know. Couldn't sleep last night (only partially because of the game), ran my errands (finally) and then passed out for most of today. *woohoo* Yay me. I did get pictures, though! Even if it was cloudy all day. I know it's not technically spring yet (not 'til the 20th!), but still... I'm ready for it. Anyway, on to the polish!

Starting off with two coats of Sneezy from the Snow White collection. The formula on this was a bit thin, but two coats were enough for full coverage and yes, I know I go on and on about the amazing essence dry time, but let me tell ya: I painted my nails last night a mere 20 minutes before going to bed and had absolutely minimal damage. I did use the essence drying drops and didn't experience any of the weird stickiness that I have had using those with other polishes. The essence polish with essence drying drops combo is amazing.



Sneezy is a nice medium brown with some... interesting shimmer. The shimmer pieces seem kind of big (and spread out) to me. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Kinda makes me think of little kid nail polishes. Even so, the formula is fantastic and the color is really nice.



When used as a base for glitter that shimmer practically disappears anyway.

Quick note: Polish Yer Hooves is closed at the moment, but Leigh Anne has informed me that this is more of a temporary closing and a scale down. She is encouraging fans who would still like to buy PYH polishes to contact her through the PYH etsy page to make arrangements. She is dealing with family stuff so it may take her a while to answer, but I am going to be taking advantage of this opportunity to complete my Zombie Cow Holiday collection.

Back to In The Farmer's Garden!



This is absolutely darling! I was afraid I'd have to fish for flower glitters, but I didn't! I did have to place them a bit, but it wasn't a hassle to do so. They glided around smoothly. The scent I chose for this one was "Cotton H N Muggins" and it kind of smells like... fancy talcum powder? My mom used to have a cute flowered box with a big ol' cartoony puff and some after-shower talcum powder that smelled like this.



I didn't topcoat (more out of laziness than anything) and to be honest you don't really need to. It's not thick and while the flowers are flat (as opposed to my nails which are curved) they didn't snag on anything and the polish doesn't feel rough to the touch.

Tomorrow I'm going to go ahead and post the last China Glaze Crinkled Chrome (spoiler alert: it's gorgeous!), then hopefully the sun will come out for Finger Paints Flashy! Then I will get to Monet. Trying to spread my brands out so I don't bombard you with a bunch of the same. Or maybe I'm the only one it would bother. lol Regardless, that's the plan. So many pretties still to try, but we'll get through them. Y'all take care and I'll see you again tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

20 comments:

  1. Love Farmer's Garden! Looks so fun!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! ^_^ Big bonus how easily it applied.

      Delete
  2. ooh i love that one! I decided on Cowpaddy and Blue Moon! I wanted so many more but i told myself only 2! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, it can be hard choosing. ;)

      Delete
  3. Doesn't look bad on that brownish undie! I want to add a few more colors of blossoms, or at least 1 more color. What do you think would look good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue! lol but my answer is always blue! I love blue nail polish! :) or yellow would be pretty too! alot of flowers are yellow...

      Delete
    2. Definitely blue or yellow. lol

      Delete
  4. Great combo <3 Essence Snow white collection was an awesome one :) And In The Farmer's Garden bottle is damn adorable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Snow White ones I have, I only wish more of these collections would show up in the States! :(

      Delete
  5. I really like both of these. Farmers Garden looks like a fun polish to play around with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw those flower glitters and knew I had to have it. ^_^ Will definitely be using it for some art!

      Delete
  6. I usually cannot pull off browns but it looks good on you!

    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the brown. I wouldn't normally go for browns, but it's pretty. I love the flowers. Um, this is going to sound stalkerish; but I was on the PYH Facebook page and I think I found a review that you did. I sent you (or some unsuspecting stranger) a FB message. I saw the name 'Lizzy' and I was like...no way. I love her stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhm... Oh hey! There you are. ^_^

      Delete
  8. Looking at this reminded me that I need to send you a few new color Blossoms that you can add to your bottle. That way, you will have the most recent version!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!