Sunday, March 23, 2014

Essence: Power Girl

Hey, everybody!! Y'all having a good weekend? I sure hope so. If not, perhaps this will help perk you up! Kicking off essence week with the gorgeous duochrome awesomeness that is Power Girl.



The formula on this was a little thick, but not difficult to apply. Since it was on the thick side I did wake up with some damage, but I was going to topcoat anyway because it dried kind of matte and for an "oil slick" I definitely had a shinier image in my head.



Power Girl is predominantly blue and purple, though I did catch a flash of almost pink as I was driving. There is a bit of gold in the bottle, but I didn't see it at all on my nails.



I think if this was used in a striped or splotchy stamping, or a random swirly water marble it could definitely create an oil slick effect. On it's own... I'm not sure? I can't remember the last time I saw a puddle of oil anywhere. lol



If you like duochromes (Norma lol) and end up running across Power Girl definitely pick her up!



You will be seeing Power Girl again next week. I layered over her. With what? You'll have to keep coming back to find out! hehehe

Tomorrow we're trucking right along with Super, Man!, the silver with holo glitter. Man, I hope we get some sun! Sun would be nice. lol Y'all take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend. If you don't mind I think I'll go take a nap. Woke up too early... again... (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. This duo chrome looks amazing! I wish they sold essence in England! It's so shiny and there's so many different nail art combinations for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't at all? That sucks! I don't understand why it isn't more widely available. Everybody loves it!

      Delete
    2. They only have them in like 3 stores in the England and even then the selection is small! I know it's so annoying! I think I'll just have to go on holiday and stock up on essence products! :P

      Delete
    3. Yes! hehehe Polish is the perfect excuse to take a trip! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Love it, so pretty! Now that you mention it, I wonder how that would look used in a water marble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to find out!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful <3 Now I kinda wish I would buy it when I had the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Keep your eyes peeled. I've found random essence in clearance bins long after the collection was gone.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Doesn't it? ^_^ I can't wait to play with it some more!

      Delete
  5. It looks like duochrome :) Never heard of oil slick effect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! ^_^ Butter London also has a similar polish (though much more sheer) called Petrol I want to get as well. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!