Thursday, March 27, 2014

Essence: The Incredible

Hey, guys! Just a quick post today. Trucking along essence week (which still has two days left, I'm keeping track!) with the final Superheroes polish The Incredible, sand effect.



MMMmmm..... I think I've been spoiled with textures... lol This is three coats; it was opaque with two, but I was hoping a third would make it more textured. It's not completely smooth, but definitely light on the texture. If this was more widely available I'd recommend it for people who think "I would hate feeling the texture" and don't bother trying to find out... Anyway, yes, three coats, dried really quickly in spite of the three coats, clean up was a breeze and no staining for being such a pigmented blue. Other than the mild texture this one is a pretty big win.



Yeah, I think that's it for this one. Which Superhero was your favorite? I think mine had to be the "oil slick".

I did wear this over the "yellow buster", which works fine as a basecoat, but so far I haven't seen any noticeable difference. Yet. As excited as I am to dig in with Push And Shove I want to compare it to other chromes to see how special it really is. I have Pure Ice Silver Mercedes and Sally Hansen Silver Diamond Chrome (the most silver of my SH chromes), but I also ordered China Glaze Devotion since I remembered (just last night) that the Romantique collection is chromey as well. So as soon as that gets here I'll have a massive silver chrome and Push And Shove over different basecoats comparison extravaganza! It will be fun and informative. Tomorrow I'm finally getting around to Icebreaker (long since swatched the rest of the Ice, Ice, Baby collection) and then finishing off essence week with Bashful. Aw. hehehehe *ahem* I haven't forgotten about my fimo-idea either. Just... wow... all these unworns... It's like a cacophony in my head. All in good time, my pretties! All in good time. I've heard a lot of you are getting snow... *shudders* If it helps, we're not exactly basking in springtime warmth here either. Y'all stay safe and warm wherever you are! (^_^)"/"

11 comments:

  1. this polish is such a win! Humm if pressed I'd say that silver holo was my fav of this collection but honestly they were all beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even more than the duochrome? o_O I'm surprised! lol

      Delete
  2. Love blue polishes, this one is no exception

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! ^_^ Glad you like it. Blue is definitely one of my top colors, too. Under green, of course. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh that is super pretty!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really pretty! although too bad it wasn't more textured. I really like the zoyas for texture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! OMG The PixieDusts are amazing. I still have to get my hands on the new ones. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!