Sunday, March 2, 2014

China Glaze: Teal The Tide Turns

Hey, everybody!! Yes, I'm sucking at posting earlier. I blame Minecraft. (in a couple of days I'll be blaming South Park lol) I'm also falling behind! A good blogger would have swatches of all of the new stuff to get you all excited to go out and buy it. lol I try to mix it up. Don't want to be left with a table full of old stuff, right? OMG Speaking of "old" stuff... my HEB just got in the essence Metal Glam display (that I raided with Norma back in December) and the Beauty Beats display (that Ulta had last month). So, wow. I guess there's still some hope of finding the Love Letters display eventually...

Today's polish should be findable, though! I've seen it in Sally's and Ulta and, of course, there's always the internet. Norma says that Sally's is supposed to have China Glaze buy one get one free, so there's that. lol No, I'm not putting off showing Teal The Tide Turns. This is another polish I feel I have to say a few things about up front. Just like There's Snow One Like You, Teal The Tide Turns has gotten a lot of hate. I think that's because people don't understand it. I didn't at first either. The collection is called Sea Goddess, and I expected kind of a Pixie Dust finish. I was surprised and a little confused to end up with this:



That is two coats fully dry. Teal The Tide Turns doesn't look like dry sparkly beach sands. It looks like wet sand. Even when it's dry! Looking at it like that not only helps it make sense ("Sea"? Yes?), but helps put the unusual finish into a.... you know... more flattering context? I think it's brilliant and I love that China Glaze is willing to try new things. This is definitely a type of texture I haven't seen yet.



I can understand why this particular finish would be off-putting to some people. It did take a bit of getting used to for me and I'll try anything once. I do think it's a bit unfair to say it's "gross" and completely close-minded to say that China Glaze needs to stop with "all these textures". No! They need to keep going! This right here proves that we haven't yet seen all that there is to see in the realm of texture polishes.

It has gotten cold and miserable again. Supposed to rain again tomorrow. I'm down to two pre-swatched polishes, but I'm going to try and get pictures of Dillon (which I am wearing now), Monet for Jasmine and Hudson for Zoƫ just as soon as I possibly can! At least I don't have any more polish on the way at the moment. Until I can get this swap package situated, that is. lol Hope everyone is staying warm and dry! I'll see you tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. Yea this looks like wet sand, not feeling it... :S
    No hurry, you swatch Monet whenever you feel like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Well at least you get it. ;) Mind you I'm not rushing to get the rest of them, but I like seeing new things.

      I'm actually more excited about Monet than I expected to be. I was doing some test swatches for Norma and I think I figured out exactly what to do with it. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Yep, definitely looks like wet sand. I can't say that I wouldn't like this because when texture polishes came out I was like, umm no way, but now I totally love them. Really like the color though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice blue. ^_^ I think they're worth trying, ya know? At least you'd know what you're getting in to. lol

      Delete
  3. Agree. It's fine if people don't 'get' or like some of the stuff out there but someone else might. There are plenty of more mainstream looks out there for people to enjoy. I like that Ch G puts out quirky options like these for those who do like them cause, let's face it, there's not *that* much new in polish and not that many companies that try super different things. Quirky people need love too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! \(^_^)/ Keep on trying China Glaze! And bring back crackle while you're at it! lol

      Delete
  4. Love these.. I have Sand Dolla make you Holla and Wish on a Starfish..
    I think they are so nice with the shimmers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! ^_^ Is Sand Dollar as pink as it looks? I was expecting more of a nude color, but in the bottle it looked really pink so I skipped it.

      Delete
    2. No. Not pink at all.. more of a greyish white/off white color..

      Delete
    3. Hrm. I think I'll have to revisit that one, then. ^_^ Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Not really sure if i like this. It might grow on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take a while to grow on me. lol I think Seahorsin Around is going to be similar to this one.

      Delete
  6. I like the texture of it. It does remind me of wet sand. It would be great to wear to the beach (if I didn't live in a landlocked state).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great for the beach! ^_^ One day I'll make it to one. >_>

      Delete
  7. You know pics don't do this one justice. Teal was soo much prettier IRL!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!