Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Born Pretty Store 120piece Fruit Fimo Slices

Hello, everybody! Remember a while back when I mentioned Born Pretty Store had their nail art wheels on sale? Well, I couldn't resist.



I've only used fimo slices once before, so I thought I'd try again. This time with Fruit! I used nail glue to stick them on and attempted to topcoat liberally... which resulted in masses of bubbles. Most of them weren't overly noticeable in real life as long as you don't look too closely.



I spent over an hour perusing Pinterest trying to get ideas. There were a lot I liked, but ultimately I went for sort of angles. The citrus nail here was my favorite.



Expect to see this again in the summer with a more citrusy base mani.



I like how a lot of the fruits go together. I got four citrus, three berries, two watermelons, two apples and one... Aaron said it was dragonfruit. I didn't use that one, but you can see it in the wheel.



You can also cut them! Here I used half of the sliced apple to go with the unsliced apple. There were a few pieces that are noticeably thicker than the rest. It just depends on the kind of look you are going for. Thinner slices are easier to topcoat and get a smooth "under glass" finish, thicker ones are great for 3D effects. If you're not too picky one way or the other (or if you don't trust yourself with a razor) then a wheel of pre-cut pieces would be a great place to start. They were a little difficult to remove since I used nail glue, but I've seen people use a layer of topcoat as glue, so that's always an option as well. Don't forget to use my code EMX31 for 10% off! Let me know if you decide to try these for yourself. Hope everyone is having a great week! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Love the Citrus nail, so cute!!! Do the stick up so high that you snag things with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of them did poke out a bit, but nothing got snagged. I did find myself playing with them a bit, though. lol

      Delete
  2. i love these nails you did :) i am a big sucker for fimo slices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully I can do a little better with more practice. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I guess they could be if you remove them carefully. Using the nail glue I kind of wrecked them trying to get them off. lol

      Delete
  4. Those are super cute. I'm afraid I would be too hard on them and wind up breaking them off or breaking my nail. I love that it screams spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty pliable, but yeah. I did fiddle with the sticking out parts a bit. No telling what they'd look like after a few days. ;)

      Delete
  5. I agree with Cristy--these are very cute but look too sticky uppy for me; I'd pick at them or catch them on stuff, I expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ordered some fimo canes off of amazon. Hopefully I can cut them thin enough myself to get them to lay flat. I've seen some really cool effects people have done with the super thin slices.

      Delete
  6. I think these stuff work really well embedded in gel nails but on natural nails they are too thick :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on how they are cut. I had a couple that were completely covered by the topcoat. Going to try again with the fimo canes. *fingers crossed* I don't lose a finger. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!