Sunday, February 23, 2014

Zoya: Verushka +Pre-Spring Cleaning

Hey, everybody! Welcome back. Today I'm finally finishing up the Zoya Matte Velvets! If you recall four of them were re-released back in November and I considered them my birthday present to myself. ^_^ Here it is almost three months later and I'm just now getting around to Verushka. Poor dear has been waiting for so long...



Well worth the wait! This is two coats, super smooth, fast dry time. Kind of a dark, subdued holly-ish color. I think it would pair very well with Chita. I'm so glad Zoya re-released these and I was able to get them. Sure it would have been more seasonally appropriate to wear them all back when I got them, but... I digress...



*swoons* Such a sucker for matte polish... hehehehe

Polish aside (WHAT?! o_O? Yeah...) Spring is fast approaching here in Texas and the winds of change come with it. You know that feeling you get where it's so nice that you have to do everything that you put off during the Winter hibernation? lol It's hitting me hard. It's time to look around, de-clutter, organize... all that good stuff. I'm sure most of you have heard of Project Pan? Where you make an effort to not buy stuff until you use up what you have. Well, polish is obviously not going to be on that particular list... but, I can certainly scale down other stuff. I have some mostly empty pressed powders and a ton of samples that I don't even know why I'm so determined to hang on to. It's not like I have kids I can bequeath all of this stuff to. "This was a popular fragrance back at the turn of the century. Don't waste it! This is all that's left..." No. That would be ridiculous even if I did have kids. Time to use this stuff up and get it away from me. Depending on what all I go through and how quickly, I may or may not do updates on that. Seems like the kind of thing I'd start slacking on if I take it too seriously... What do you guys think? How do you feel about progress updates? Do you really care what I think about products that you may not even be able to find? lol

The other thing is money. There's never enough and I'm not getting any younger. I've put in a few applications so far. Not "hardcore" job searching just yet. I need to make some progress on things at home first. Stable foundation and all that. Anyway, the good news is that while I do have an insanely long polish wishlist it is Spring and I have plenty of pastels. I don't really see there being a ton of polishes that I have to have. I know I've said it before, but barring a legit emergency I'm using my next cashout to open a savings account. I should have done so years ago. I'd really like a new computer (especially since I caved and pre-ordered Sims 4), but... there's plenty of time for "wants". If anybody has a recommendation for a really good, high-yield, secure savings account online I would love your input. Otherwise I'll just open one with my bank, which does have an online option and I can easily "feed" it with my checking account. From home. In my jammies. Without dealing with people. :p

So, what do you think? Updates or no updates? I can do weekly/monthly bulk updates or just random footnotes when things come up. Or nothing at all. I'm not sure which way is best for me, so your feedback is greatly appreciated here. Working on any interesting projects of your own? Anybody getting the March Julep box? So far it's looking like everybody who didn't pre-order (for the stupid plie wand funding) is saying "no". I'm one of them. Which is fine. I still have two Juleps I haven't worn yet. Still working on that Orly Bonder test. So far not too bad on that. Tomorrow is Pop The Bubbles so come on back for that. Enjoy the last bit of your weekend and take care of yourselves! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. This reminds me of Holly-day from china glaze. And nope, not getting Julep, I think I should cancel my accounts lolz I made quite a few (to get the penny box offer) back when they didn't systematically check if the shipping addresses matched lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Nice. lol Yeah, you could probably just keep one account. They do make it so you can order the whole month's worth of polishes as a box if you want. I'll just keep skipping months. At least for as long as it's easy to do. If they decide to make it all difficult then I'll cancel. Until then... holding out hope. One day they'll release something worth getting. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love updates! I am doing a project pan myself. pretty difficult for polish (i have a julep and 2 minis on mine) and takes forever for other things, but hopefully it pays off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *fingers crossed*! I think I may actually use up all of Julep Hope. Which kind of sucks, but... what's the point of having it if I'm not going to use it, right? ..... >_> lol Good luck making it through your list!

      Delete
  3. OOH I'm going to wear Pop the Bubbles too! Prob sometime next week. Looking forward to that review. I'd love to see weekly updates of your decluttering project. I'm not on an official makeup no-buy either but I did buy a lot of stuff last summer and I mean...there's only so many dark / black eyeliners you need, right? So I'm not buying makeup for a good long while. Polish, eh I'm with you, that won't stop 100% but I am making an effort to slow down. Now when the polish eyes come I think 'wait do I have something like this at home?' chances are I do. Time to give the older pretties some renewed love :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! \(^_^)/ Exactly. Time to slow down a bit. lol I think I probably have four black/dark grey eyeliners... >_> Definitely enough to last me a while.

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful shade! I would totally add some gold stamping to it :) I would like to see monthly updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you stamped over matte? I did once and it just flaked right off. Haven't tried again since. lol

      Delete
    2. I stamped over one of the Avon Suede polishes, they have a matte finish. Don't know if that would be the same or not, but it worked really well for me over that. I used one of the KleanColor metallic polishes to stamp with. Hubby picked me up a gorgeous matte shade from Salon Perfect the other night, I'll have to try stamping over that and see how it goes :)

      Delete
    3. Oooh! Let me know! That's so weird. I think I used a matte topcoat over something and then used Pure Ice... something... that was metallic to stamp, and the combination just did not want to stick. lol

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is! ^_^ So glad I got my hands on it.

      Delete
  6. this shade reminds me a china glaze one jut can't remember the name But i know i have it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you remember, let me know! ^_^ It also seems similar to OPIs Here Today Aragon Tomorrow. I don't have that one, though.

      Delete
  7. I definitely need to be on the declutter train. I want new bedding so maybe that will be my inspiration. Because I will want to show off new bedding, but not in the current state my room is in. Oh, and I love that green. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck decluttering!! Don't feel bad. I don't want anybody anywhere near my house period.... >_> *whispers*~it should be condemned.....

      Delete

I love hearing from you!