Friday, February 21, 2014

Salon Perfect: Star Light, Star Bright +Nail Mail!

Good news, everybody! I managed to find some extra time today for pre-swatching so I'll be able to do the Orly Bonder vs Zoya Mod Mattes test kinda sorta on schedule. ^_^ Yay! Also, yes, the nail mail. I'll get to that after....



Two coats of Star Light, Star Bright which is supposed to be a dupe for China Glaze Dorothy Who?. If you click here I'd say that's accurate. Heavily pigmented blue jelly base packed full of teensy silver glitters. Very lovely... if a bit VNL-ey.



Still, it did dry so I guess I can't complain too much. lol

NAIL MAIL!! I can't believe my Sephora order got here already! The best part? I remembered to go through the Swagbucks Shop & Earn so as soon as it's approved I'll get 112SBs!



Let's see, at the top is Illamasqua Ouija, Omen and Seance and Nails Inc Swiss Cottage; plus a free sample of tarte Pure Maracuja Oil. Then I've got some free perfume samples of Cartier (Zeste de Soleil and Declaration d'un Soir) and Gucci Flora. And one of those magazine insert type samples of Marc Jacobs Honey. *teehee* I love perfume samples... except when they smell really good and I can't afford the actual product. *pouts*

For those of you who like to know what's coming (and so I don't forget) tomorrow I'll have the final version of Wednesday's nail art. Sunday is Verushka, Pop The Bubbles (with Rock Candy comparison) on Monday. KleanColor Metallic Orange on Wednesday. For Thursday I've got China Glaze Teal The Tide Turns and then Friday, finally, I'll have the results of the Bonder test. *phew* I'm not expecting it to last that long, but I'll be super impressed if it does.

So... yeah. I think that's it. I'm working on my post-test lineup so if there are any of my unworns (look for unlinked polishes here) you'd like to see, feel free to let me know! I'll give those pretties top priority. Y'all take care of yourselves and have a terrific weekend!! (^_^)"/"

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! I had all but written off Salon Perfect, then I get pulled back in... lol

      Delete
  2. can't wait to see teal the tide turns! easy this polish hard to remove 'cause of all that silver glitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw, it was easy to get off. Thankfully. lol I've had enough of polish wrecking my hands trying to get it off me! XD OMG Teal The Tide Turns was so weird!! In a good way, just not what I expected. lol

      Delete
    2. OOH! Can't wait to hear your experience with Teal the Tide Turns! Sooo many bloggers hated it but your taste is more similar to mine. I've been wondering if I should get that one or not!

      Delete
    3. Hrm. I'll gmail ya a spoiler alert.

      Delete
  3. I'd like to see CG rare and radiant and sea horsin around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous blue! Can not wait to see your swatches of the Illamasqua polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Me either. Kind of hoping my nails grow out a bit before I can get to them. hehehehe I want to fully appreciate the $17/bottle they cost me... o_o

      Delete
  5. Did you sniff that marc jacobs honey perfume yet? It is so yummy ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG It is!!! O_O The Zeste de Soliel is nice, too. Kinda lemony, but it doesn't smell like cleaning stuff... lol

      Delete
  6. Another great color.. Blues are my absolute favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's definitely up there for me, too. ;)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It is pretty, isn't it? So sparkly! @_@

      Delete
  8. I love that color. I am ready to go buy it right now. I love perfume samples too; except, like you said, when I can't afford the real thing. Looks like a good haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck hunting it down! Found this one at walmart. :) omg Yes, it's such a tease when you can't afford it...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!