Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Orly Bonder Review +Nail Mail

Hi, everybody!! Are we ready? I hope you're comfy because this is going to be pretty pic-heavy. lol I'll try to keep everything cohesive; swagging my little butt off for Swagbucks' 6th birthday event. Anyway, as you've probably gathered by now, today I'm going over the results of my 2nd Orly Bonder test. First, the bottle. For dramatic effect. O_O



For this grueling test I decided to pit the Bonder against Zoya's Mod Mattes. Phoebe, Lolly and Mitzi. Some of the most chippingest (yeah, that's a word) pretties to ever grace my fingers.

Day 1: Doesn't really count as a day since I applied it so late that the sun was long gone. lol Still, this gives you a look at the mani as it was before time took its toll.



Day 2: *digs for my notes* This was Saturday. I assembled our new bbq grill and everything held up fairly well through that. Just some slight tipwear on my right hand.




See?

Day 3: Sunday. I had a particularly long, hot shower that day. The hotness took its toll, evidenced by the beginning of some minor chips.




Day 4: Monday. er... yesterday... What did we do yesterday? Oh yeah, the park. Nothing particularly taxing on the nails, but the shower damage progressed to the point where I just knew it was the end.




Aside from the chipping at the tips I started getting these weird polish buckles further in.




Well... It did last a good couple of days. I'm thinking maybe it wasn't formulated for mattes? Four days doesn't seem like a long time at all... For me it is, but then I have polish problems. lol What do you think? Worth $10/bottle? I do like that it dries really really fast so I can get to painting quicker, but... I don't think I'll be purchasing this again. At least I had a coupon!

Nail Mail!! OMG So I had completely forgotten that Karen had asked me for my address. So when I opened the mailbox today I was doubly surprised!



The original Finger Paints flakies!!! *dies* Thank you so much, Karen!! Now I can show you guys how freakin' awesome this set is! Also... It's kind of made me itch to get the rest of the 2nd set. Just for completeness sake. I know!! I'm so bad! XD We'll see what Friday brings.

I know what tomorrow's going to bring. The absolute, hands-down awesomeness that is Asylum. Also, because we just finished watching AHS: Asylum so it works out. lol Hope everyone's having a great week so far. Time for me to feed the cats (and the peoples) and then update my Stash Page! Take care and I'll see you tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

18 comments:

  1. WOW the whole FP original flakies collex! You're so lucky!

    Humm did you use the 'bonder sandwich'? bonder, colour, bonder, colour? That usually helps. However I suspect there's only so much it can do. If I wear neons (they usually chip on me like no ones business) they can last up to 4 or 5 days if I use the bonder sandwich method.

    How long do you think those polishes would hold up without bonder? I wonder if they're the type to get more brittle over time. Like I got the Maybelline brocades. After a day the polish gets super crumbly and starts flaking off. Nothing would be able to hold something like that on!

    But yeah I regret recommending Bonder to you cause 1) it didn't work for the foils (booo!) and 2) you change your mani too often to really 'need' it. Ah well. I'm sure you'll find a use for her someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, no worries. It was worth a shot. :) Naw, I think I was on day two when you mentioned that. Although... my days kinda run together. lol I think these ones just kind of break down? Last time they barely made it through one day, so there was an improvement there.

      Delete
  2. well we all know that i leave my polish on for waaay too long...still have (kinda) my mani from valentines day on...but it's all off on one finger and chipped horribly on the others....but i wonder if that bonder would work for me! Even non matte or neon colors seem to chip easily for me! I don't normally base coat or top coat so that could be the problem too... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw i don't know what is wrong with my brain today...but i cannot read things right...ever time i see bonder...i read something else! lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG You perv! I know what you're seeing. LOL It might work really well for you. Probably at least keep one whole nail from coming off.... >_>

      Delete
  4. How odd that you got the buckles and cracks so far in. Ooo flakie polishes, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't think I've ever had that happen before. lol

      Delete
  5. Ugh...definitely not worth $10 a bottle for it to only last 4 days. I can't wait to see what you do with the flakies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did test it on the toughest polishes I could think of. I think for creams and shimmers it probably works a lot better. I just really like matte and neon... lol

      Delete
  6. wow what a great mail suprise! the wear on that basecoat doesn't seem that special, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! ^_^ I can't believe it. Not a particularly special basecoat.... lol

      Delete
  7. I like the feel the bonder base coat gives but yea, not sure how effective it is....
    And wow, flakie polish swatch fest soon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Maybe. ;) I'll probably spread them out a little bit, but they'll definitely be in the mix!

      Delete
  8. Great review.. I use Orly Bonder because I have an issue with most polishes peeling a day or so after I polish my nails. Like I mean, I could use it as a nail vinyl because it peels off in one piece.. Pretty neat, also pretty annoying.
    I found that this didn't work for that either.. =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, just peels off? That's crazy. I wonder why it does that... Mine chips, but it doesn't usually peel off except jellys do sometimes if I apply too thick.

      Delete
  9. 4 days would be long time for me :) Usually I get 3 days tops out of my polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, it's long for me, too. I was starting to get seriously bored towards the end. I think most people try to get a week or two out of their manis, though.... >_> I don't see how they do it...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!