Monday, February 24, 2014

L'Oreal: Pop The Bubbles VS Julie G: Rock Candy & Liebster!

Hey, everybody! *falls over* I'm okay! We took Jet to the park earlier and my legs are still a bit rubbery. :p Hey! Looks like most people prefer monthly or random updates and I can live with that. I did finish one of my perfume samples, but I got the picture and wrote down some notes on it. If I can keep that up then I think I can make this work. Also, I think I'm done testing the Bonder basecoat. lol It is officially too chipped to wear. I'll probably squeeze that rundown in tomorrow.

For today we're taking a look at Pop The Bubbles! Another Norma-induced purchase. ;) This is two coats, fast dry time, look how pretty!!



I wish I had some better excuse, but all I can say is that I got caught up in the polish-buying frenzy. lol It wasn't until I got home that I thought, "Oh crap *facepalm* Rock Candy..." lol In the bottle they do look a bit different...



Here's where it's going to get a tad confusing and I'm sorry. Because, you see, in the bottle Rock Candy looks a little darker, but on the nails...



Rock Candy is on the left (my thumb) and... is it just me or does it look a tad lighter? o_O Maybe it's just me. You probably definitely don't need both.

Another Liebster! ^_^ This time I was nominated by the lovely Lothwen from Manis & Makeovers.



Since I just did all of the official stuff two weeks ago, and I only follow 10 blogs with less than 200 followers, I'll just do the questions. If you don't mind. ;)

1. What was your first-ever nail polish?
My first ever was a mini pink bottle that came with one of my My Little Ponies. It was formulated for kids so it peeled right off. My Pony and I had matching nails/hoofs for as long as the bottle lasted. lol

2. What is your favourite nail polish?
Ooooh, tough... I think I'm going to have to go ahead and say Mutagen. lol So many colors!

3. Glossy or matte finish?
Matte!

4. Jelly or texture?
Texture, hands down.

5. Indie or mainstream?
I'm going to have to say mainstream. I mean... that shit goes on clearance, yo. lol

6. Big circle glitter or holo finish?
ouch... lol uhm... Magic 8-ball says holo.

7. Neon in winter, yay or nay?
Yay! Absolutely! Winter is when you need neon the most!

8. Which nail polish has been on your wish list the longest?
Oooh... That would be Nubar 2010. I don't know that I still need it, but that was the first flakie I saw and it's still sitting on my wishlist waiting for the day I go crazy enough to spend $25 on a polish. LOL

9. Which nail polishes are on your wish list right now?
Check 'em out. lol I'd say that's about half of my total wishlist. Some brands aren't findable on amazon...

10. Which nail art technique did you recently pick up?
Hrm... I don't know if it counts as a "technique", but I've recently gotten really into the water decals. Thanks, Jasmine! lol

11. Which nail art technique would you like to master next?
I'd really like to master the dotting tools. I suck so bad and my dots never come out the same size. I'd like to get better at that.

Yay! That was fun. Now I better post this up before it's tomorrow. Y'all take care! Hope you had a great weekend. (^_^)"/"

25 comments:

  1. This one kind of reminds me of Tiffany Case from the OPI liquid sand line?
    Went back and saw your mutagen post again, lolz you and Norma LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I forgot about Tiffany Case again, too... >_> I'm so bad at this. lol

      OMG Yes! We had so much fun with that. ^_^

      Delete
    2. Hehe Jasmine ^_^ I loved that one. Gave the polish a nickname and everything (*giggles* - Mutie *giggles*)

      Delete
  2. this is so pretty! I love both of them!

    p.s. i have under 200 followers :P well i guess i don't actually know that you follow me, but you leave comments :) although i don't often do award posts even though i like reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes! I do follow you. Sorry, I couldn't find the follow count and assumed you had WAY more! You should, you're really good. Well, then I nominate you, too! ^_^ You don't have to do the post if you don't want, but know that I really do enjoy your blog.

      Delete
    2. aww, well thanks! :) I'm glad you were just convinced I had way more...hopefully someday! :)

      Delete
  3. I like this! Rock Candy might be just a tad lighter, but for the most part they look the same to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *phew* I'm not the only one that sees it.... >_> LOL

      Delete
  4. Aww poopie :( Hehe yeah I got caught up in that polish buying frenzy too. I totally bought that bottle of Cover Girl polish knowing/STRONGLY suspecting it was a dupe for Sinful Colors Winter Wonder. It was. An exact dupe. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also....I wonder if the store workers were weirded out by our flailing and polish eyes during that tag team buying frenzy <_<

      Delete
    2. OMG I bet they were. "What's wrong with those girls?" "I don't know. Don't get too close! They look bitey...." XD

      Delete
  5. Don't need both? I guess I can see that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL "Need", of course, is relative. ;)

      Delete
  6. I am not a polish expert, but they look exactly the same to me. Which one is cheaper?? lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhm, depends on if you can find the Julie G one. It's from an old collection (and we don't even have a Rite Aid so I had to order it online), but maybe someone has it on clearance? The L'Oreal is relatively new and might still be in stores, but I think it's $7-8....

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous polishes and yay on the Liebster again !! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe! I was trolling the web for comparisons to see if I need Orly Aqua Pixel and stumbled here! Apparently these are basically the same as Aqua Pixel and since I already have the L'Oreal I don't need the Orly. Thanks again Lizzy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! LOL Feels good saving you some money after all that enabling. ;)

      Delete
    2. Heheheee, not that enabling is a bad thing though!

      Delete
    3. Of course not. It's what polish-besties are for! LOL

      Delete

I love hearing from you!