Monday, February 3, 2014

Layla: Southern Lights & E.L.F: Fairy w/SOTT Compare +Sally's Haul

*phew* That sounds like a lot more than it is. lol So let's get to it, shall we? Starting with two coats of Layla Southern Lights which, of course, I had to look up the name because Layla doesn't find it necessary to print the names on the bottles. *gggrrrrr*



According to their site, the Ceramic Effect polishes are supposed to be super shiny... this one not as much. It does have some shimmer, and it dried really quickly. Just... not quite what I was expecting or hoping for.



Fairy, on the other hand, was an absolute dream.



The flakies lay flat and space themselves nicely. It does smell a bit funky (chemically), but seriously? @_@ Seriously.



I know some of these pics are a little out of focus. It was so cold yesterday I couldn't stop shivering. To make up for my suckiness, here's a quick video I took with my phone. In the car. Heat on full blast. lol



Despite how they look in the bottle, Norma says that two coats of Fairy is a dupe for one coat of Shine Of The Times (don't click on that, bad example... lol)



I only applied one coat of Fairy, but you can see they have the same color-cast, same size flakies. Just, yeah, you'd need another coat or two of Fairy to get the same coverage as Shine Of The Times. Between you and me? *looks around* I like Fairy better. Much less overpowering.



Yes, yes, I know. "It's blurry" I said I was cold and sorry, what more do you want? LOL

So... Thanks to Norma (everybody look at Norma) I found myself at Sally's and spent way more than I intended. The Finger Paints didn't ring up as BOGO (plus there are three more I picked up for a swap), but I did get a fancy silver clutch/wallet for free.... yay?



I did get the China Glaze polish strips for half off the discounted price, but that didn't help much. I'm so bad! Looking at the bottles in store I only grabbed two of their... whatchyacallum... Sea Goddess polishes: Teal The Tide Turns and Seahorsin' Around. The other four are still on my amazon wishlist in case I change my mind. For the Finger Paints I grabbed Abstract Attraction, Black Expressionism (it was in the display and ya can't have enough black) and Rockin' Gunmetal. Not sure if that's supposed to be matte or textured or both... or neither. We'll see.

Tomorrow I'm taking a small break from my glitter-fest to review another holo-lovely from Polish Yer Hooves: Zombie Cow Blood. Hopefully the sun comes out so I don't have to resort to lightbulb-light again. Come on back! This is awesome. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!!! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. I have the ELF and the Essie, but would totally recommend the ELF $1 vs. $8!! Great haul, the CG polish on the left looks super pretty! Also I could you shoot me an email smallbudgetbeauty @ gmail.com? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've never seen the elf anywhere (Norma gave me this one), but I would totally recommend it, too. lol Sure. ^_^

      Delete
  2. So glad you liked the Elf! Hehe yes! You NEEDED to go to Sally's for the BOGO but...they didn't ring up as BOGO? Does that mean you didn't get the deal? Dude go back and get your BOGO! Mine didn't ring up at first either until I told the lady they were on sale. Also she told me the sale didn't apply to clearance but that's not true - the flyer says 'all stock'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So weird... you need to be here so you can be my BOGO backup. At least I stopped myself from going into Ulta without my coupon. I do need to start stalking them, though, for the essence Love Letters trend edition. >_>

      Delete
  3. Haha, I like the essie one better because it is more "concentrated" but I can see why you like the less "overpowering" elf one lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why it's good to have both! ^_^ Oooh, could do a flakie gradient. That'd be pretty. lol Like a french tip with Fairy for the nail and Shine Of The Times at the tips. >_> I should write that down.

      Delete
  4. So pretty polishes you bought. Haven't bought nail polishes in a while as I'm trying to cut down so i don't even look at the sales :) The topcoats look very similar to me and the price is so different i think I would go for the elf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm trying to cut down, too, but it's soooo hard! I admire your fortitude!

      Delete
  5. These look great.. I have the Essie one, and I can never find the E.L.F one.. Then again.. The K-Mart that sells them here only has about a dozen colors.. Going out of town shopping towards the end of the month, so I will be on the lookout-- As always lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg Good luck!! I hope you find it. So gorgeous @_@ and way less overwhelming than essie.

      Delete
  6. Great haul!!! I forget about Sallys. I love the purple...even more...I love the purple with glitter! Those are screaming my name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I tend to forget about Sally's, too. It's so small and cramped compared to Ulta. >_>

      Delete

I love hearing from you!