Thursday, February 6, 2014

LA Colors: Mad Duo & Expressionism

Hey, everybody! I'm back with another (set of) double-ended LA Colors. I thought it would be easiest to get these two done at the same time. I was... mostly right. You'll see.

First up I have the duo named Mad Duo... really stretched for that one, didn't they? It begins with a pale neon-orange base.



That's one coat over white. Reminds me of those orange creamcicles. The glitter for this one is mostly pinked toned.



I didn't pick up quite as many shreds with either of these as I did with Pop Artsy. I do like the orange base for Mad Duo the best out of the three, though.

Then, Expressionism. This is where my mad-dash-swatch-fest took a turn for the ugly. I smeared my index finger on something and trying to patch it was just not working for me. So here is three fingers worth of Expressionism's pale pink base. Two coats over white.



A little boring. The glitter for this one really pops, though.



Way more hexy than shredy, but still pretty cool. I like how the hot pink and deep blue pair with each other.

Hrm... I think for tomorrow I'll share "the purple combo". Mix things up a little. Hope everyone is well and staying warm! Take care, you guys!! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. I love them both! I have got to keep my eye out for these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! ^_^ Definitely look around. I've seen these mostly at the grocery store. lol

      Delete
  2. Love the Orange Cream sickle colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that awesome? lol Not 100% on the pink glitter with it, but the orange by itself is yummy!

      Delete
  3. I have a few of these headed my way, the glitters seem nice and a bit unusual but I really like the base colours.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to see which ones you get. ^_^

      Delete
  4. I can't believe I am saying this, but I think I like the orange best. Gasp....even over the pink or purple! I still would like to wait until I found some on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp*!! hehehe Orange has it's appeal. ;) I almost always prefer orange over red or yellow. lol

      Delete
  5. Can't say I am a fan, the glitter shreds are too messy to my liking :S
    But I see you trimmed your nails! I LIKE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Thanks ^_^ It's definitely a lot more comfortable. I do like them a bit longer, though. That's the nice thing about nails. They will grow back. Then I can cut 'em again. The circle of (nail) life. LOL

      Delete
  6. Love love love the neon bases <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are interesting.. Haven't seen them out yet though.. Will have to try one or 2 as I own 2 of the Revlon's.. It'd only be fair.. Right'? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! ;) Everybody deserves a fair shot. And these are much cheaper than the Revlons. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!