Monday, February 17, 2014

Finger Paints: Black Expressionism & Abstract Attraction

Oh hi! You came back! ^_^ That's great because first off I have to share something I'm so excited about. My Sephora gift card finally came through so I ordered Illamasqua Seance, Ouija and Omen (from the Paranormal Collection) and Nails Inc Swiss Cottage. So excited!! Yes, I know, I make progress on my pile and keep ordering more... hehehehe I just can't help myself.

Black Expressionism! I'll be honest I only grabbed this because it was in the display with the flakies. I'm a sucker and you can't have too many black polishes, right? Well, if you can get your hands on this one it is well worth it. This is one coat of Black Expressionism. One coat!



Smooth full coverage and it dries really quickly. So quickly I was having a hard time trying to stamp with it.

Over this I layered one coat of Abstract Attraction, with topcoat.



Overall, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in these. I mean, it looks great, but it doesn't really compare to the Zoya flakies or even their own initial flakie collection. Still, I had to have at least one.



And a little matte topcoat helps it look more smooth.



Okay, okay... it's pretty. lol I'm still just a bit bitter over how much I overspent on that particular trip...

Tomorrow I'm finally getting around to China Glaze Bump & Grind with a quick little review on Orly's Bonder basecoat. So many pretties, so few fingers. I've also got some super cute water decals coming up for Wednesday I think you're really going to like. Y'all take care, stay safe and happy polishing! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous. I love it! I like the flakes, but I don't know what the other ones look like that you like better. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, my pics of the ones I have are so old and bad. lol Here's one of the Zoya ones.

      http://lizzysblogplace.blogspot.com/2012/04/with-zoya-opal.html

      The Finger Paints ones are similar. I like when flakies lay flat and appear more opaque without making the base look milky... >_>

      Delete
  2. Aww these flakies look amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget you have three of them coming to you! ^_^ Just as soon as I get the topcoat for you.

      Delete
  3. That is awesome coverage for just one coat! I love how the flakies look with the matte top coat, something else for me to add to my must try list ;) My Amazon cards finally came through too and I ended up getting a mini set of the OPI Brazil 2014 collection, comes with 4 of the colors and I got a few other things too. My mail lady is gonna love me LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Yes! Love nail mail. ^_^ Can't wait to see pics!!

      Delete
  4. this is really pretty with the matte top coat! interested to see all your new polishes too :) i have so many i still haven't worn in my stash...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think unworns is becoming a chronic condition. lol I try not to feel bad about it, but... there's just so many!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I think I do, too. lol More matte than shiny.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!