Sunday, February 2, 2014

Essence: Green Scene & Steel-ing The Scene (topper)

Hello, dolls! Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend. Today I'm here with another lovely glitter combo. Starting with two coats of Green Scene from the Kalinka Beauty trend edition.



Word of warning: this color stains like there's no tomorrow. I only had it on for 30 minutes to get the pictures and it turned my nails blue. Although that probably has a lot to do with my lack of basecoat. I thought I had time! *WAILS* ....moving on. Green Scene is a lovely light blue (yeah, I don't get the name either) that went on a bit thick. Lovely color, fabulous shine, but it comes with a price! O_O Although probably not if you use a good basecoat...

I topped this off with one coat of Steel-ing The Scene. The topper from the Metal Glam collection. They also have a copper polish in this collection by the same name. *shrugs* I don't think this topper is real gold like some of the others. Just gold colored flakies. Still pretty, though.



Steel-ing The Scene didn't require any fishing or special placing. What you see is exactly how it went on. Most of the flakies lay flat, but a few crinkle up, so watch out for that. Easy enough to poke down with an orange stick or something.



Ta-da! Pretty.

I tried checking my Big Lots after Norma read that some of them are getting bottles of the Sephora 18K gold topcoat, but alas... no luck for Lizzy. So it's double lucky I found this one. Norma is my lucky charm. ^_^

Anybody watching the Super Bowl: Hope your team wins! For the rest of us who don't care about football: don't forget Animal Planet has the Puppy Bowl! With the kitty halftime show. Too cute. Whatever your plans I hope you enjoy your day. Take care, be safe, and I'll be back tomorrow with some more pretties! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Tee hee Glad our tag team shopping extravaganza brought you luck! I don't care for the superbowl either. I'm prob gonna throw on a horror flick or two :)

    Those gold flakes look super pretty and well behaved! That sucks about the blue though. WHY must blues be so pretty yet so stain-y??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Horror trumps Super Bowl. (^_^)/\(^_^) lol

      OMG I was so pleased with the gold flakies. Stupid Green Ocean has me all paranoid about non-Zoya flakies. lol Also... I don't know! *WAILS* Although, if given the choice I'll take a stainy opaque polish over a non-stainy sheer one any day. >_>

      Delete
  2. I find almost all teal colors stain like crazy, Julep's Dianna stains like crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gyah! I'll have to watch out for that. >_> I haven't had anything stain in so long I didn't even think about it.

      Delete
  3. I love this combo, it's gorgeous!! I'm hoping to hit my nearest Big Lots today, it's about 45 minutes away so hopefully it will be worth it LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzy =)
    Nice manicure, I'm looking for this Essence gold topper but it's impossible to find here!
    kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I couldn't believe I found it up near Dallas. It has not been anywhere down here. I hope you can find it!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. hehehe Yeah, I had to go with something I knew would look good together. ;)

      Delete
  6. Ugh, staining polish. It took me forever to get rid of a purple that stained. Now I am pretty religious about base coats. I like the gold flakes. I'm not much into gold, so I am surprised. The puppy bowl was adorable! I cried at the end when it talked about all the homes they went to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really into gold either, but a little bit like this is okay. ;) OMG! I cried, too!!! So glad they got to find forever homes. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!