Friday, February 28, 2014

Decluttering Update #1

I was going to call this "February Empties", but decided that's not (nor will it be) entirely accurate. I use up a lot of stuff, but things like polish remover and deodorant are gonna get replaced. lol It's the nature of the beast! For me this is more just using up stuff that I've been hoarding (like perfume samples) or buy too much of for one reason or another (lotion) or buy, use once and never finish (cuticle oil).

So, starting with things I've actually used up. Not exactly impressive, but it's a start:



Cartier ~ Zeste De Soliel perfume sample. I quite liked this. It started off smelling kind of like lemonade and then faded into what I can only assume was some kind of citrusy flower?



Marc Jacobs ~ Honey. Anybody else hoard these single-use samples? Maybe it's just me... this one was really nice. Smelled like honeysuckle. ^_^



This. OMG. VO5 hot oil treatment. Can't find it anywhere. Had my mom pick it up from the PX. It's way more expensive than it used to be. Used to work a lot better, too. Though that's probably more to do with the condition of my hair than the product. Used up the last one finally and probably won't buy again. Not any time soon anyway. My hair felt really nice at first... then I went to sleep and brushed it out and it just wasn't the same.

Some of the things I'm making an effort to use regularly are this crappy face scrub I picked up from Dollar Tree, the Julep Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum, the tarte Maracuja oil (I can re-use the bottle for some other oil I've got sitting around) and, of course, the masses of perfume samples I've compiled over the years. So much stuff.

Stay tuned for the Born Pretty Store stamping plates! With luck I'll be able to get that posted early as well.

8 comments:

  1. You are off to a great start with your decluttering project! I have used those V05 things before too and they didn't work well for me either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty disappointed. They used to work miracles on my poor hair, but... not anymore... ah well. One less thing to waste my money on. lol

      Delete
  2. yay for decluttering! :) i have heard great things about honey, i really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG It smells SO pretty! Sadly the .33oz rollerball is $22 so I think I'll hold off... maybe Sephora will clearance it? >_>

      Delete
  3. The single use perfume samples--oh yes, I used to hoard those like crazy. Then one day I decided I'd rather use that space in my drawer for something else and got rid of almost all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Glad it's not just me. ;) I'll have to double-check but someone mentioned using them in drawers to make them smell pretty. I don't have a dresser, but that's a good idea.

      Delete
  4. Man I love perfume samples. The best thing ever...until you run out of your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. lol Biggest drawback. I have one sample I'm trying to save for special occasions.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!