Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Color Club: Get Your Lem-on +Art

Hello, y'all. I'm afraid this is going to be a teensy bit of a disappointing post. It's more of a set-up to something better later and I had a few issues with the polish I was only mildly successful in fixing.

Starting off today with Get Your Lem-on. This is 2-3 coats (finger dependent, I said I had issues) over Hope. I didn't have any problems at first. I got careless and dinged a few fingers. Since this is just a base for art I didn't bother removing the polish and starting over.



This is one of the lightest, sheerest yellows ever. Thank goodness it's so bright! There's also a green shimmer that is kind of washed out by the white base. It does have a very distinct lemon-candy scent that I really enjoyed. Shame the smell didn't last through the night...



Even this art is just a base. Sorry for the lack of topcoat and cleanup. I promise it will all be worth it once I post the final product!



My mom really liked this. If we have the time tomorrow I'll do her nails for her church dinner. ;) This would definitely turn some heads.

Okay, so I finally got the glue I need for the foils. So I'm going to have a review of those tomorrow. Friday I'll have Salon Perfect Star Light, Star Bright which Norma shamelessly talked me into. lol Saturday I'll have the final version of today's nail art progression. Sunday I will finally post Verushka. She's been talking to me. She wants to know why I've waited so long to share her. I'm sorry, Verushka, your time is coming soon. I don't know when I'm going to have time for the 2nd Bonder test, but I'll keep my eyes open for opportunities. Hope everyone is safe and warm out there. I'll see you again tomrorow! (^_^)"/"

13 comments:

  1. The yellow is really pretty! Can't wait to see the finished nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's prettier irl... brighter at least. lol I can't wait to share it! OMG It's so cute. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Oh I really like this! So new age but charmingly childish at the same time! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. ^_^ I don't know if that's what I was going for, but I'm glad you like it. lol

      Delete
  3. even your base art is so pretty! can't wait to see the final look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I totally talked you into that polish, and shamelessly too ^_^ It looks like a dupe of CG Dorothy Who which I plan to wear either next week or the week after. Also yes, you must wear poor Verushka, I can hear her crying from all the way in Canada ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes! That's some impressive wailing for a polish. lol Star Light Star Bright is super pretty. I'm glad you talked me into it. ^_^

      Delete
  5. Such a bright lemony color.. I love it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, just wish it were a little more pigmented...

      Delete
  6. I definitely loved the yellow more after you got the other colors on. A very good spring-y color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Thanks ^_^ Yeah, by itself it doesn't have a lot going on. So light.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!