Tuesday, February 18, 2014

China Glaze: Bump & Grind

Hey guys! Today I've finally got the last of the China Glaze cream based textures. I'm still not sure when (or if) I'll get all of the Sea Goddess ones. Not with the Zoya Magical PixieDusts looming. lol I wasn't sure about those, but then swatches got out and... I'm sure. I'll be getting them at some point. After I get a few other things taken care of.

Bump & Grind is a surprisingly pretty bright red cream-texture. This is two coats and three days of wear with the Orly Bonder basecoat.



The color reminds me of, like, cherry flavored Starbursts.

I decided that Bump & Grind would be a good first test for the Bonder basecoat. It's neonish and textured, both of which are prone to chipping. I did remember to wrap my tips this time, but in no way did I baby my nails for three days. There's just too much to do! So after three days of cooking, cleaning, shopping, typing, bathing and being; I only got very minimal tipwear.



Which is really good for a texture polish. I did end up with this weird, random chip on my thumb...



I hope it's not too hard to discern the chip from the glare. Minus that it almost looks as if it could have been freshly applied. For $10, though, I'm not 100% convinced. I had the worst luck with (and took the worst pictures of) the Zoya Mod Mattes. I have a few pretties waiting patiently in line (yes, I have a mob of polish on the table and a little queue in front of my keyboard; it's like the pharmacy at Darnall in here), but after those I will do my 2nd Bonder test. If I can manage to wake up a little earlier I'll try and do some pre-swatching so I can give it a week to prove itself.

It's warming up nicely here in Texas. Even the recent cold front did nothing to stem the approach of Spring (or, Pre-Summer). Looks like some people still have snow and others looking at storms on the way. Y'all stay warm and dry and safe! I'll be here. Painting like crazy. lol Oh! Check at the top of the right-hand column and enter Jasmine's giveaway!! (^_^)"/"

11 comments:

  1. Bahh I got this one for the name (big jersey shore fan) but it's a lot more neon pink then your pixs - i swear to god I am getting fake CG stuff in Europe :) I love your swatches so much more then my polish :) And yeah I had big chipping issues with it also :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. It looks really pink on my stash page (like electric watermelon) but dried more red.

      Delete
    2. lucky it's pure dark neon pink over here :) No worries thou paired with some black crackle it looks amazing :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this kinda reminds me of how red velvet cakes should look like (mine always turn kinda brown after baking)
    Thanks for adding my banner, sorry it's too wide lol, you can edit how wide it is by editing the 'width="300"' part of the html code (if you want). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks for the tip. lol I was too lazy to look it up, but it does kinda hang off on it's own there, huh? ;)

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Kinda reminds me of Sinful Colors Crystal Crushes in Ruby Mine. We still have some snow laying around and even got a thunderstorm this morning, crazy weather LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! That is some crazy weather. lol Stay safe and warm! Did Sinful Colors put out texture polishes? I think I missed that....

      Delete
    2. Yep back in the spring, I think. They were called Crystal Chrushes :)

      Delete
    3. o_O I can't believe I missed that!

      Delete
  4. That is bee-too-tee-fulll. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!