Friday, February 14, 2014

Avon: Starburst +VDay Hearts

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody! (^_^)"/" V-Day is totally not my holiday (so many bad/depressing memories) so if hubby forgot it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. He never does, though... he's such a sap. lol Since I don't hate Valentine's Day as much as I hate Christmas I decided to go ahead and do a simple themed mani for today.

Two coats of Starburst which, if you recall, Amy (check out her Avon page to snag your own) gifted me recently, with some simple (if just a little "off") hearts dotted on with Worth The Risque.



Starburst leans slight brick-reddish and has this awesome shimmer... it's like a red-holo? Insanely sparkly. Dried really fast.



On my thumb I went ahead and added this cupid-shaped sequin thing that Leigh Anne included with my last Polish Yer Hooves order.



Cute and not overly over-the-top.

If you're curious what Aaron got for me, here it is:



I told him the sampler was enough, but he just can't help himself... lol Other than that we don't really have plans. I refuse to fight crowds of people that feel like they have something to prove on February 14th.

Well, my internet is deciding it only wants to work a very little bit today, so I guess I better get this posted. Hope everybody has a fantastic day, stay warm, be safe. I'll see you again tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. OOH HK! I'm not a fan of pink but I like this on you. Avon's got some spring to their step, who knew??
    Agree. V day isn't my cuppa either but I love using it as an excuse to snuggle hubz ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Any excuse will do, huh? ;)

      hehehe I'd feel a little better if I wasn't already 75% through the chocoloate.... O_O

      Delete
    2. *high fives Lizzy* ppth I call that a win! Mmmmm. Chocolate!

      Delete
    3. LOL I'm a big ol' winner alright. No more chocolate.... all gone... lol

      Delete
  2. Super cute mani! Love the little cupid. I do not wish to go out on Vday either, rather just stay at home with the hubs. Your gift is really cute too, can't go wrong with chocolate and Hello Kitty ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ It's such a pretty color!! I almost done want to take it off. Always nice to find reds I like. hehehehe HK and chocolate is always a winning combo!

      Delete
  3. Aaron is such a sweet heart! Happy Valentine's Day to you two! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does try. lol Happy Valentine's Day to you!! ^_^

      Delete
  4. U lucky girl :) I am dying from that cupid thumb - I love these seqins *uber jelly over here*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch, I will send some with your next package. ^_^

      Delete
  5. I can't stand V-day. I did help my girl make valentines for her friends and I made my hubby a candy bouquet and card (and food), but we don't get each other gifts or buy cards. I love the polish though. I have never had a good experience with Avon polishes. It is their brushes I think I mainly have a problem with. I have a ton of them, because one of my really good friends sells Avon. I love pretty much everything else they carry though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know the feeling. I buy tons of stuff I don't want/need because a friend is selling it. ;) I'm such a sucker.

      Delete
    2. haha. me too. I just looked in the drawer and I have a suede polish that I haven't even opened the box yet. I guess I should give that a try. :)

      Delete
    3. Yes!!! I can't wait to hear how you like it!! ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!