Sunday, February 16, 2014

Avon: Deluxe Chocolate & Sephora by OPI: It's Real 18k Gold Top Coat

That is a mouthful and a half. lol OMG You guys! Aaron and I went to GameStop yesterday to see if they're going to have a midnight release party for the new South Park game coming out and... they don't know yet. While we were there I grabbed Minecraft for the xbox and... wow is that game addictive! I played all last night until the wee hours of this morning. Absolutely insane. I can't even remember the last time I did that. The good news is I have a few pictures already saved up, and I'm testing out the Orly Bonder basecoat which I will have some thoughts on by Tuesday.

Both of today's polishes come from the lovely Amy over at Small Budget Beauty. Starting with what I'm fairly certain was two coats of Deluxe Chocolate. It kind of looks like I only managed one, though.



See what I mean? To be honest we were catching up on the first season of American Horror Story and I may not have been paying complete attention to which coat I was on... lol Still a lovely chocolaty brown with some nice shimmer. Dried super fast, I'm sure of that much. lol Also, it does make an nice contrasting base for It's Real 18k Gold Top Coat!



I always thought it was funny that pyrite (fool's gold) looks exactly like what you would expect gold to look like, but real gold is this stark, cartoony yellow. This is only one coat of 18k and I think that's a nice amount of coverage. It dried quckly and the sparkle!



I'm trying hard to clear off my little table here, but I'll be leaving this out for St. Patrick's Day. What could be better than real gold accents?! It's too perfect.

So did anybody else get caught up in the ILNP pre-order madness yesterday? lol I had to sit here queued for 20 minutes to order Reminisce. So pretty!! Tomorrow I've got some awesome Finger Paints lined up for ya. You've probably seen the new flakies by now, but that's never stopped me before. Come on back if you want to see how Abstract Attraction looks on my fingers. lol (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. Ooo 18k looks fab over the brown! I still have not used mine because I don't know what I want to pair it with LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You have to! Do a skittles. That way you don't have to decide. ;)

      Delete
  2. such a pretty top coat! looks gorgeous over that base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually a fan of gold, but I'm definitely glad to have this. Can't wait to see it over some other colors as well. ^_^

      Delete
  3. i am so jelly for the 18k gold topper - thou i wish it had bigger particles :) but the combo with the brown in amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a little bigger than I thought they were going to be. I'm thinking this way it will at least feel like it lasts longer. lol

      Delete
  4. Oooh, can't wait to see how you use it for St. Patty's Day. How fun with real gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds awesome, right? I'm going to have to come up with something REALLY good.

      Delete
  5. 20m waiting heheheh they sold a lot then. Love the topcoat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some girls had to wait over an hour! I would say that was definitely a successful pre-order for them. lol

      Delete
  6. This is too gorgeous!! Regretting not getting that mariah carey one :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :( polish regrets. I'd still like to get the Zoya one. So expensive, though...

      Delete
  7. Looks really good.. Picked up this chocolate one myself

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!