Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Zoya: Stevie +Nail Mail

OMG!!! *hides from unknown forces* I have been trying for hours to get this post up. Something out there is trying to stop me. O_O

Today I have another Norma polish! She gave Stevie to me because she didn't like how it looks with her skin tone. I thought "well, hell, that's not a problem for me; I don't care about my fingers, just the nails!", but... man... I don't like how it looks with my skin tone either!



It doesn't look that bad in that picture. I picked the best one that most closely matched Stevie's real color. This is three coats, super fast dry time. Seriously lovely PixieDust... if it didn't also give me serious lobster hands.



Norma and I were talking it over and in order to get Stevie to behave and submit to our will I'm going to pair her up with either Solitaire or Tomoko and Pussy Galore in a gradient. That would be nice for Valentine's Day. ^_^

Now I have some good news!! My dad took one look at the water heater and knew right away what was wrong with it and how to fix it. Had the water heating up before dinner! ^_^ I assisted and learned a few things about wires and those red caps that go on the end. Also, the mail has returned!! To far more than normal... I think I've doubled my list of untrieds. Yesterday when I finally ballsed up enough to check the mail my Zoyas were waiting for me!



Blu, Neely and Bevin. Pretty colors I probably wouldn't have picked otherwise if they weren't so cheap.

Then today I got two swap packages stuffed full of essence courtesy of the lovely gin shivers (go check her out, she's a great swap buddy!) plus that set of cheap KleanColor metallics.



*phew* Going to have a lot of updating to do tonight. After AHS: Coven!!! G'night y'all!! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. *giggles at 'unknown forces'*
    Grrr Stevie you unruly vixen you! *shakes fist* I was bummed when she didn't work out for you either. I hope the gradient works! Seriously Stevie looked SO BAD next to my skin it made me polish rage a little lol!

    @_@ Doood the nail maillll!!!!

    Glad you guys have your hot water back up and running, your dad sounds like a super cool mr fix it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shakes fist* There's got to be someone she looks good one, but I have high hopes for the gradient!! We'll whip her into shape yet!

      hehehe Yeah ^_^ He's the best. I got all of my common sense and techiness from him. lol

      Delete
  2. stevie! poor stevie! i don't know if it would work with my skin but i love love purple so much and my skin is very yellow so i don't usually (ever?) feel like lobster hands is a problem, more that some colours make me look a bit sickly. and amazing nail polish mail!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. If I remember correctly I think Norma said it made her fingers look more yellow? >_> Such a weird polish...

      Delete
    2. No it didn't make them look yellow it kind of...how do I explain this....blended in to my skin tone? It looked neutral and boring. It didn't look 'horrible' per say I guess so much as just bad enough for me to get all koogly eyed....it def. wasn't the most flattering shade on me that's for sure lol!

      Delete
    3. Huzzah! Mystery revealed. lol That's definitely a weird thing for a purple to do....

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aw thanks ^_^ It looks much worse in person... LOL

      Delete
  4. I think that polish looks good on you too! It's really pretty. Glad you got your water heater fixed and your mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ignore my lobster hands. Pink = rosy glow = healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'm totally gonna steal that! lol Next time that happens I'll just say "this polish gave my fingers a rosy glow". With credit, of course.

      Delete
  6. Oh my....that is a crap ton of polish!!! I am glad your mail returned and your hot water tank is fixed. I love that polish color. I didn't think your hands look like a lobster, but then again pictures don't capture everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ lol No they do not. Stupid camera. I wish I had cameras in my eyeballs so I could get pictures of things exactly the way I see them....

      Delete

I love hearing from you!