Thursday, January 23, 2014

Zoya: Neely

Hello, everyone! Quick early post before my day turns hectic. Today I've got Zoya Neely which I picked up from the "Get three free" promo at the beginning of the year. One of their facebook alerts said "or try colors you otherwise wouldn't" and I kind of took that to heart. I picked colors I liked, but probably wouldn't have purchased for full price. Neely is green so I probably would have gotten her eventually...



Neely is a plain, pale (exceptionally pale) green cream. Nothing really wild or mind-blowing. The formula was really nice and smooth and she dried very quickly. I did topcoat because we've been working hard with the painting, but she really was this shiny before.



The color on that is kind of off... sorry.

I used Neely as the base for a green sponged gradient and I'll have that post tomorrow. I think I have to have some of the worst luck because I want to top it off with My Private Rainbow and we're supposed to be cloudy and rainy the next two days! GYAH! I'm still going to try. *fingers crossed*

Time to run my mom to Georgetown. Her leg is looking really good so maybe, just maybe, we're at the end of this thing. Which is a little sad, because I like her dermatologist, but I sure won't mind these early morning jaunts so far away. lol Another arctic front blasting through... y'all stay warm and safe out there!! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty color. Very soft and muted. It would definitely make a good backdrop for something. Can't wait to see what you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I all but demolished the softness... but I think you'll like it anyway. ^_^

      Delete
  2. I agree with Cristy... looks like a good Spring color..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Would look cute with some pastel spring flowers, too, I think. ^_^

      Delete
  3. The color is nice, I can see it being used in nail art. Good to hear that your mom is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ Yeah, it was pretty scary at first, but she's got a really good dermatologist that's been taking care of a lot of stuff for her. Which is also a relief since my grandma had skin cancer that spread we're having everything checked.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty color, good base for some nail art. Looking forward to seeing your gradient mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost there. Today ended up being surprisingly busy. lol

      Delete
  5. So girly the colour :) Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol It is pretty girly, huh? ^_^ You have a nice weekend, too!

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous pale green! I'm excited to see the gradient! :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!