Thursday, January 30, 2014

Zoya: Carter (Tag Team With Norma!)

Welcome back! Norma and I have another tag-team pretty for you. Carter is a gorgeous, deep purple PixieDust. I picked it up on sale, Norma insisted I had to wear it, and she was right!



Here's what Norma had to say:

"My 2 cents about Zoya Carter -It applied like a dream and wears well like all the pixie dusts. I put on three coats, waiting 10 min between each coat but obviously less patient people could get this mani in less than 30 min 'cause the polish dries fairly fast

-I used an initial thin coat then two medium /thick coats. The first coat went on super sheer with it building nicely with the second coat. I'd say ppl could get away with 2 med coats. Or 3 thin coats. One thing about the coats, the second and third coat seemed to require more polish 'cause the polish that was already down kinda....sucked up? the new stuff. Or maybe it was all the crags and crannies and nooks that made it need more polish? *shrugs*



-Something weird did happen. I finished my mani then wound up washing the dishes like an hour to an hour and a half later. I wore rubber gloves. One nail got this...hole in the polish. When I rubbed my finger over the hole it felt sticky so I thought I had gotten something on the polish. I tried picking it off and then scrubbing it off with a nail scrubber but it didn't go anywhere...then it got bigger 0_o I realized I'd 'chipped'? Gotten a hole? in my polish by doing the dishes. Weird! That was the only nail that got f-ed up. And where the hole was the polish was sticky....or the hole was sticky...? Maybe that was an area that didn't dry properly cause there was a lump of polish?

Overall though it's the perfection we've come to expect from Zoya's pixie dusts :D
"



My experience was identical to hers, minus the polish hole. That's kind of odd. lol I did notice, though, that Carter seems... wetter? than the other PixieDusts. It lays a bit smoother and doesn't feel as dry-sandpapery to the touch.



Carter is, like, the perfect purple. Reminds me very much of a PixieDust version of Avalon. Just check out this sparkle!! *OMG turn down your speakers, it's really windy here. lol



Zoya needs to put out a green PixieDust just like this. Not pale, or dark-dusty, but beautiful bright sparkly greenness. lol

You probably noticed I chopped my claws down again. I'm going to use this as an opportunity to try out this other Sally Hansen magnetic. Less surface area might help the magnet reach further. Or, appear to. We'll see, right? Then I'm going to go on a glitter binge, doubling up with some of these creams I have sitting here and see if I can't put a bigger dent in this pile. lol Wish me luck! Take care and I'll see ya tomorrow. (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. WOW your vid of Carter is just....@_@ OMG. SO PRETTY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, I noticed you have a label for "Norma", that's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I didn't even know those were showing up. I've been going through trying to label my old posts before adding a tag section for quick browsing. ^_^

      Delete
  3. *looks* *gasp!* OOH I DO have a tag! Tee hee I feel so special! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tacklehugs* I told ya you'd always have a blog-home here. ^_^

      Delete
    2. *tee hee!* *TACKLE HUGS LIZZY*

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes it is! @_@ I want to try and use it in a textured sponging gradient...

      Delete
  5. I love love love love love this polish!!! Must go buy some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! \(^_^)/ It's a purple lover's dream!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!