Friday, January 17, 2014

Zoya: Bevin & Julep: Lucky

Hey, look at me. Another twofer. lol Hello lovelies. Today I'm starting with two coats of Bevin. The formula on this one was a bit thin. Easy to spread, but wasn't very forgiving as far as ridges and stuff. Dry time was misleading so I had to topcoat to cover up the sheet/hair marks.



That picture (on my monitor, at least) is way too blue. Bevin is a dusty sort of antique looking sagey green. More like the close-up:



I topped this off with Lucky... another miss on my part. I should have gone with two coats like Jasmine did, but I didn't... was trying to spare myself the removal...



The glitter in Lucky is sparkly enough that my faux pas isn't as garish in real life. And the sheer green base is buildable (obviously, since Jasmine did it lol), even if it doesn't look like it would be.



I don't generally like green and gold together (not even for St Patrick's day...), but Jasmine's swatch was so pretty and it was on sale so... yeah. lol



I swear sales are going to be the end of me. I should have picked up some bottled water... Tomorrow I'm going to swatch Sexy In Sequins; then Sunday I'm going to knock off two more Ice Ice Baby colors and hopefully get a water marble out of them. I always assumed essence would dry too quickly, but if Colette can pull it off with Color & Go... I'm fairly confident I just might be able to, too. *fingers crossed* Hope everyone has a super fun-filled weekend! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. OOH good luck with the marble! Hehe yes sales are the death of me too. And coupons. And clearance bins <_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... the coupons and clearance bins... I still have an Ulta coupon I was hoping to use to bring down the price on my next Zoya order. LOL If they have those new PixieDusts... *shakes fist* Stop killing me!!! XD

      Delete
  2. I love green and gold combined, this looks great together! Looking forward to seeing your water marble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Yeah, I know I'm kinda in the minority on that one, but I'm not a fan of gold so it bugs me seeing it always matched with green. >_> OMG You're going to love it. I did some tests last night and the colors are SO pretty together!

      Delete
  3. I'm not big on the green gold combo myself, but I liked them on their own. Does Zoya have a fairly long dry time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! At least it's not just me. LOL Zoya is usually really good with dry time. Some polishes are off, but overall they have one of the best formulas.

      Delete
  4. Haha I personally feel responsible for your purchase lol
    And yea it's actually pretty smart of you to put it on top of another color so the little bugger doesnt stain like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Cuz you are. LOL And I didn't get any staining. ^_^ Just wish I had layered it over a more green green. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!