Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sally Hansen: Silver Elements

Oh my goodness. I'm starting to feel a little better. Aaron's sick. :( He blames me, of course, even though he's pretty sure we have two different sicknesses. *shrugs* Hopefully he'll start feeling better soon, too.

So! It's been a while since I've worn a magnetic polish, eh? It only makes sense that I'm wearing this one now. Norma kept using magnetic polish as an accent, trying to get me all excited about magnetic; then she talked me into two of these Sally Hansen ones while she was here. ;) I don't normally buy Sally Hansen because of the ambiguous do they/don't they animal testing status (check here for a "no we don't" followed by an official "statement" that doesn't really answer any question at all), but... at 2/3 off I don't figure anybody's making much (if any) profit from the sale.



Silver Elements. I tried something a little different here. I have to say, first, that Norma's nails have a normal curve to them and the magnet reaches clear across just fine. Mine are extra curved and need extra help so I painted half my nail, magnetized, painted the other half, re-magnetized and even though the center is a little off... I did get the design clear across three (thumb included but not shown) nails this way. Technically four since my pinkie didn't have any issues. Okay five, my other pinkie as well.



You can see on my ring finger there where it didn't quite reach. Like I said, though, it should work fine for most people. The really good news? The magnet cap pops off!



So if you're not a crazy person with spare nail magnets laying around, you don't have to buy two. (*cough~Nabi~cough*)

As per my usual (inspired by people who are "so totally not into/over magnetic polish") here is Silver Elements on it's own:



Nice, smooth, nearly single coat gunmetal grey. Don't look too closely or you'll notice that I just painted over the water marble instead of removing it. :p I get lazy when I'm not feeling well.

Let's see... Even though Silver Elements has a metallic feel to it (cuz there's metal in it, haha) I think I'm going to jump back and try another Crinkled Chrome. Eenie meenie minie... Ooooh! Wrinkling The Sheets! It's green and sounds naughty. ;) I'll be swatching it mostly with regular (not-thick-gel-like) topcoat to see if that works to keep the chips at bay. C'mon back to find out! I'll even include a blurb about how easy Crush, Crush, Baby was to remove. Oops, spoiler alert. (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. This polish is really pretty either way! I can never get magnetic polishes to work for me :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not easy, for sure. What I do is start with one normal coat, then apply a second thick coat and hold the magnet there for, like, 30 seconds. I have to brace myself to keep my hands from shaking sometimes. >_>

      Delete
  2. I wish I could find some magnetic polish that was cheap. I am afraid of it not working well with my nails. I have a strong curve too (tiny fingers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check Walgreens. Mine has them full price, but the one in Waxahachie had them on sale for $2.49.

      Delete
  3. I love these magnetics! They dry so quickly, perfect for impatient peeps like me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Perfect if you don't want to sit around waiting and it's got built in art! ;)

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried any magnetic polishes before but this looks like so much fun! :-)

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. You should try it at least once to see how you like it. ;)

      Delete
  5. Sadly I haven't tried any magnetic polishes before, but I'll give it a try! Thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! ^_^ I'm glad I can help spread interest.

      Delete
  6. It seems to be a very nice magnetic polish some can be very hard to work with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They can. lol This one was very cooperative. I can't wait to try the green one.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!