Friday, January 31, 2014

Sally Hansen: Electric Emerald

MAGNETIZE ME!! *BZAAAP* hehehehe I had a lot of fun playing with the magnets last night. I was wrong about the shortness aiding the magnet's pull. Finally I decided to dottify Electric Emerald with this bulls-eye magnet and expanding on the "double magnet" technique I tried last time.



Electric Emerald is a lovely green that magnetized really well. I didn't have to hold the magnet forever to be sure the design held, but I did have to move fairly quickly getting it where I wanted it. Had to repaint a few nails because they started drying while I was juggling everything. Overall I'm pretty happy with this and I like that you really can't tell where I painted chunks of nail at a time. It flows.



I wish magnetic polish had hung around just a little bit longer. I keep trying to find the 2nd China Glaze horseshoe magnet at Ulta with no luck. I think the potential for magnet designs was largely untapped. With luck it will come back around. Everything does, right?

Tomorrow *drumroll* I'm going for some yellow. Yep, I hate yellow polish, but Gin sent Happy from essence's Snow White collection and it looks like a pretty wearable yellow. Like Solar Power and Fortune Cookie. Plus, great base for Splat. Lining up my upcoming combos. lol Y'all take care and have a great weekend!! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. 'I think the potential for magnet designs was largely untapped.' Agree. I also feel like the colour options were by and large untapped. But I also think magnetic will come back around. Everything old is new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping! Nabi put out a bunch of different colors, even creamy looking neutrals. Just that they're so hard to find. >_< *fingers crossed* it comes back around. With fresh magnet designs!!

      Delete
  2. I like this magnetic even if the effect is subtle is still so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I wish I could get magnetic polishes to work that well for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a little patience and experimenting. Some magnets work better than others, and even magnets that work on one polish won't work on the next, but one that didn't will. o_O It's a little confusing and frustrating, but so worth it when it works out. lol

      Delete
  4. Amazing effect *__* I'd like to try a magnetic polish one day =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG You should! It's so much fun! ^_^

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love that magnetic image.. So unlike the squiggly lines or the starburst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! ^_^ Glad you like it. I almost went with the starburst (because it usually works really well), but the side lines didn't want to show up.

      Delete
  6. That polish is so cool! Right up my alley too...I love polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame polka dots tend to be labor intensive. Hrm... perhaps I should practice with my dotting tools a bit more. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!