Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year 2014 Water Marble

Happy New Year!!! Hope everyone had a great night and no one's too hung over. ;) I'm still a bit ill so I didn't get my midnight kiss, but I don't see him going anywhere anyway. lol We did have black eyed peas and cornbread with dinner so that should cover it.

A couple of weeks ago Norma and I were tossing around ideas for New Year manis. I really fell in love with the gold and holo black water marble. ^_^



Thankfully Holy Grail and Beyond played really nicely together. Even though the water was a little colder than I would have liked.



Oooooohhhh AAaaaaahhhhh ^_^ My right hand didn't turn out quite as well, I think. I like the lines, but the polish ended up a bit thin so they're not as defined.



One of my resolutions for 2014 is to do some different water marbles. I keep ending up just doing the same easy back and forth lines. I want to do more! And I shall. Maybe... one a month? That sounds doable.



I want to wish all of you a fantastic, prosperous, loving and enjoyable year ahead. I love all of you so much, and not just because you help me feel less crazy about my polish obsession. lol Y'all really are the best and I wish you all the best. Take care of yourselves!! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. ERMAGAWD Liz! This is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's like a fancy zebra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! OMG You just gave me a great idea! ^_^

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a gorgeous water marble!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks very pretty the water marble. The yellow really stands out with the holo color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm glad the holo showed up, I was a bit worried while I was taking the pictures.

      Delete
  5. They look like tiger stripes!! I love it. What do you put on your nails in the winter to stop them from breaking? My hands and nails get so dry even with tons and tons of lotion (I probably have 15 bottles of lotion all around my house). I had 4 nails break yesterday. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! :( I don't really do anything special. I have a strengthening basecoat (LA Colors, they used to sell it at Walmart, but I think they stopped) and I use strengthening remover. One thing you can try that I know they have at Walmart is Sally Hansen VitaSurge strength gel. It says you can use it over polish, but I don't. I just use it if I take my polish off early and don't feel like re-painting them yet.

      Delete
  6. This combination is so nice! I love the water marble - it kind of reminds me of a zebra! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm glad you like it. ^_^ Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I'm in love with this design! Very beautiful and creative!

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!