Saturday, January 18, 2014

L'Oreal: Sexy In Sequins +More Nail Mail!

Okay, I've got a few things to cover so hopefully I won't forget anything. First, I don't usually buy L'Oreal; I try to stick with brands that I'm fairly confident don't test on animals. When I saw Norma standing all polish-eyed @_@ by the L'Oreal display eyeing the new textures I admit I kind of rationalized. My logic was that I was pretty sure L'Oreal was in Paris and Europe (the UK at least for sure) has been cracking down on that so it should be okay, right? Well... I don't know how well my logic holds up, but at least the folks at L'Oreal are a lot more direct about their animal testing policies. I don't know what "less than 1%" means exactly, but... what's bought is bought and I can only hope that none of the texture ingredients were suspect... I mean, it's not like they were even the first to do it. It's the same texture as Zoya and they're cruelty free.



That's two super fast drying coats of Sexy In Sequins. Deep purple with almost a rainbow of shimmer (mostly gold, but definitely a rainbow in there) and some purple small hex glitters. Can you tell I shortened my nails a bit? I only bring it up cuz I want to show off the super awesome file I got in my swap package. ^_^



hehehehe Snow White is on the other side, but this side is way better. Ignore my naked nails... Back to the polish! I'm kinda glad it took Aaron forever in Walgreens. Gave me time to get a better sort of close-up picture with my phone while I waited in the car. You get a pretty good in-focus look especially on my pinkie, and a nice out-of-focus shot of my index and middle fingers to show off the awesome sparkle.



I should get pics with my phone more often. Seems more cooperative than my normal camera...

Nail Mail! Sorry the pic is so fuzzy, but I'll get to each of these individually soon enough. *avoids eye contact*



I got Rare & Radiant (the final Bohemian Luster Chrome!) and a bunch of stuff from Born Pretty Store! I got the full set of Plants Vs Zombies decals, some more full nail water decals, some Halloween decals, a stamping plate, some eye pencils, a new bar for my naval piercing, and a little wishing bottle I thought was just too cute to pass up. ^_^ I'm glad this came in because I caved last night and ordered more stuff... I'm such a sucker. At least that was covered by my points and omg just wait 'til you see. So excited!

Welp, I think I covered everything. Tomorrow I will have at least a full swatch of Junior Championship to go with (what should be) a super pretty sparkly water marble. I said I'd try to do more this year and I'm really trying to stick to that. Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend and I'll see you tomorrow! (^_^)"/" Stay safe out there.

10 comments:

  1. Damn that's one pretty polish!
    I am still awaiting my BornPrettyStore stuff.... I am getting really annoyed because they really should have arrived by now.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this took a lot longer than usual. Even with the tracking number and stuff. It's gotta be the postal service (or customs) somewhere along the line cuz it shipped out really quickly.

      Delete
  2. Hehe I sure was polish eyed. That is beautiful! It looks very similar to OPI Alcatraz...Rocks. OOH Nail mail! Can't wait to see the swatch of Rare and Radiant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol So much polish! @_@ They do look pretty close from the swatches I've seen. Still have Alcatraz Rocks on my wishlist so maybe one day I'll do a comparison. ;)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous polish, can totally see why Norma was polish eyed! Looks like you hit the nail mail jackpot ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg Totally! hehehehe If the stars align just right I'll have something even more epic on the way. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  4. Love love love the polish. I am in love with your nail file. Do you know where the person got it? Do they have other princesses available? Man, you got a haul from the BPS. I can't wait to see what you do with it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw She's in Europe and got it while essence was giving away the last of their Snow White stock. :( I don't think we got that collection here, but if you have an Ulta or Fred Meyer nearby there's no harm looking. I'll keep my eyes open for any other Disney collections for you. :)

      Delete
    2. Yay!! I big ole puffy heart anything and everything Disney (especially that mouse).

      Delete
    3. lol I'll keep my eyes peeled. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!