Tuesday, January 28, 2014

L.A. Colors: Pop Artsy

Usually I try to avoid these double-ended polishes. You don't get much, they're a pain to store, and while it helps to pull them apart... that doesn't always work out cleanly. Even so, when I saw these FLASHPOP! polishes, the combination of neon and shredded glitter was irresistible. I'd probably do these together anyway (it is the logical thing to do, right?), but I'd like to note that the colors aren't named separately.



Pop Artsy starts with this neon fuchsia color. One of the first things I did when I brought these babies home was test for opacity.



Glad to finally be able to delete that off of my hard drive. lol You'll probably want undies for these. I went ahead and used one coat of Hope and am pleased to report that the matte finish hasn't interfered with the neon sticking or anything. No chipping, shrinking or other weirdness.

The glitter in Pop Artsy is a lot of fun. Tiny pink dots with blue bar, hex and shreds. Shreds. Awesome.



The base is thick enough to grab the glitter easily, but thin enough that it doesn't get gloopy. The glitter shreds (hehehe "shreds") poke up a little bit here and there, but nothing that's gotten snagged. I finished up with a coat of the Julep Freedom Polymer topcoat to minimize the few jagged edges that did poke up.



Do I feel bad that I could have saved myself some money by combining FuchsiaRama and Freak Out? Naw. lol Of course not.

I did grab a couple of short plants for the foreground, but as of last night here's the new tank setup:



It's funny watching the pleco suck on that skinny yellow one. Lights off!



Now if we ever decide to throw down $8 a fish on some of those GloFish, the tank is ready. lol

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe. Take care of yourselves. I'll be back tomorrow with some Halloween water decals! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. ooh I love the set up in your tank, very groovy!
    Looking forward to some halloween decals lol, nothing better than halloween stuff in January hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ hehehehe Right? Never too early to start thinking about Halloween! LOL

      Delete
  2. Looove the tank! Also love the polish, it's nice n bright. Too bad it's a double ender though. I find them hard to store too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.... I totally just tossed it in the back of a drawer. lol Really need a Helmer....

      Delete
  3. Your fish tank looks amazing!! I really like the polish too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know this brand did double ended polishes. I've got some Revlon ones that I've taken apart so each end can sit on its bottom like a proper polish. Drawback to that is the few that I broke disassembling them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had one break so I quit trying to pop them apart. :/

      Delete
  5. Your tank is awesome!! I wish I could keep fish alive! We have decorated the frog and lizard cage quite nicely though. I have always wondered if those double ended colors were worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ Uhm, not usually. Like, the Revlon ones are between $7-9 and that is ridiculous. You only get about half as much polish all together (9mL compared to 14/15mL). These were, I think, $3? That I can live with. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!