Monday, January 20, 2014

KleanColor: Metallic Yellow +Fire Water Marble

Hello, dolls. Going to try to be quick so I can wake Aaron up for painting. Almost didn't want to wake up myself... okay, I didn't want to at all, and I almost gave in. lol Anyway, yesterday I sported Metallic Yellow. I don't normally like yellow polish on myself, but this reminded me a lot of Holy Grail and I didn't mind it as much.



I think the metallic finish helped a lot. lol Two coats, dried pretty quickly. Of course it stank awfully, but we all know that by now, right?



While I was playing around with my polishes and seeing how they behaved (or didn't) in the water I decided I had to try a few of the metallics. They work... fairly well... I think I need to turn off the fan next time because last night they started drying a lot faster. Anyway, I ended up with a really cool fire design using:



Metallic Red, Metallic Mango and Metallic Yellow.

Overall I can't say it came out exactly the way I pictured in my head, but it's very close and still pretty cool.





The yellow spread far more than the red and 'mango' so most of my nails don't really look like "fire", but more like... "evidence of scorching" which is still kinda cool. Even so my favorite nails are my left index and middle fingers that do look more like stylized fire.



Yay! I feel redeemed. LOL Now it's time to wake up the hubs and get dressed. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! Depending on how this afternoon goes I may have a swatch of Neely for you tomorrow. Y'all take care and thanks for stopping by! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness Gorgeous water marble!!! I was curious if the Klean Color metallic were good for marbling, totally answered my question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayup! You do have to work fairly quickly because that first ring started drying pretty quickly, but they do work! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing, reminds me of the poster for the new hunger game catching fire movei!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I haven't seen the poster, but if it's got fire then that's what I was going for! lol

      Delete
  3. This yellowy - gold looks so nice on your nails! I love the marble design you've done too - the colours work so well together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ So glad you like it.

      Delete
  4. Super cussing cool! *high fives lizzy* way to tame water marbling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! *high fives Norma* Can you believe I'm just now getting to these comments? *is a bad Lizzy* lol

      Delete
  5. This looks great Lizzy...
    Let me ask you something about the metallic yellow though... I have the metallic green and it stained like an SOB even with basecoat..
    Did the yellow do this too, I have the metallic pink, but now I'm worried to use it for the staining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, this one didn't stain at all. Neither did the black or aqua. I think the green and *maybe* the dark blue are the only ones that do. :)

      Delete
  6. Sure... dark blue.. go and ruin that one for me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! lol I don't even know that for sure, but I'm pretty sure I read it on another blog.

      Delete
  7. Yellow...ehhh...on its own, but......man you set them suckers on FIRE!! I love it. Did you do the water marbling effect? I have got to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, water marble. I should have put up a picture of how I got it to look like that... >_> I suck so bad at this. LOL

      Delete

I love hearing from you!