Friday, January 24, 2014

Green Sponged Gradient +Ulta Mini-Haul

Hey everybody! Little late today, ended up busier than expected. Took a break from painting since we need warm and dry for the sealer and it has not been that these past two days.

If you recall I'll be swatching My Private Rainbow tomorrow. Rather than go overboard with a massive skittle mani, I decided a sponged gradient would give me (us) an idea of how the holo topcoat looks over a variety from light to dark.



Ta-da! Uhm, there's no holo on that yet. Just the gradient. Since I'm going to be putting holo on top of it, the hardest part was finding three green creams with no shimmer that made sense together. Not too light, not too dark, that sort of thing. After about an hour of searching, swatching and discarding I finally settled on:



Riot Grrr-een and Four Leaf Clover to go with Neely. This ended up requiring two layers of topcoat to finish perfectly smoothly, but it was so worth it.



I did cheat and holo-ed my pinkie last night and as long as the sun comes out (it's supposed to; we'll see!) then I will have something amazing for you to feast your eyes on tomorrow!

If you have an Ulta nearby I strongly suggest you go check it out. Mine has tons of OPI and China Glaze and Zoya (including PixieDusts) on clearance. The Laylas below have been on clearance for a while and Norma convinced me I should get some...



I got Sunshine ($4.99), Carter ($4.99), Ipanema Girl ($2.99) and Southern Lights ($2.99). I got Carter the other day and went back for the other three today with a 20% off coupon! I got another surprise at Walgreens. Something told me "check the polish" and once again my instincts served me well as the Wet n Wild display had some new additions!



"Protective" Basecoat (it is light blue, you just can't tell with the green blanket underneath lol) and Matte Topcoat! I'm really excited about the basecoat since Walmart quit selling (and Dollar Tree ran out of) my normal LA Colors basecoat. I refuse to spend more than $2 for something I'm going to fly through constantly and $1.09 for WnW basecoat sits just fine with me. I hope it works...

...and I hope you enjoyed my simple green cream gradient. Wish for sunny skies tomorrow so I can bring forth the holo-ey goodness!! hehehe Y'all take care and stay warm and have a great weekend!! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. I love love love carter! so pretty! Also your gradient is amazing, I need to start doing more complicated nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to try Carter; can't believe I didn't have it already! ^_^ Thank you, the sponging is really super easy. You should try it if you haven't.

      Delete
  2. Your gradient looks awsome! My nearest Ulta is an hour or so away :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Also *looks around* an hour drive would be so worth it. @_@ lol

      Delete
  3. Oh damnnn this color combo for the gradient is genius!! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ Glad the time was well-spent. lol

      Delete
  4. That gradient is AMAZING!!! It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D You should give it a try. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!