Sunday, January 19, 2014

Essence: Junior Championship & Do The Rittberger +Water Marble Fail

Total mouthful. Hello, darlings. Sad to say this mani vexed me from the word "Go". Well, just after that since my basecoat didn't give me any grief. It all started when I was going through Colette's water marble playlist and came across this video of her using essence polishes in a water marble! I had never thought about using essence because they dry so quickly, but if she could do it then I could certainly give it a shot.

Started out with two coats of Junior Championship. I... assume this polish is meant for either french tips or maybe for layering? So sheer...



At least it dried really quickly and the shimmer is very pretty.



After my marbling disappointment I tried to cover it all up with Do The Rittberger, but... well...



Wow. I should have listened to gin shivers when she told me these were going to be disappointing.

On to my fail! I did use both Junior Championship and Do The Rittberger for this. I don't understand exactly what happened because my first test swirl turned out really really pretty!



That prettiness just did not want to translate onto my nails...



*ugh* I told Norma it looks like opal with swirls of calcium running through it. lol On my left hand I tried an accent nail marbled over black and... that might have worked if not for the bubbles!



*RAWR* Some nails did turn out kinda pretty, but the major problem was not really being able to see it...



Needless to say I've already taken this off and started on a fresh water marble for tomorrow; and these two polishes are now stuffed in the back of the drawer. That'll teach 'em. lol

Yes! New water marble tomorrow. Fire inspired. You're going to love it. I've also been experimenting with the possibility of texture water marble (inspired by Norma) but that is a concept nowhere near completion. Instead I think I'm going to work on another layering project. We're starting the painting job tomorrow (really can't put it off any longer) and that seems the most logical course of action. Unless I just keep the fire marble. lol We'll see! Hope everyone's having a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. LOL You show those polishes who is boss! Put 'em in the back with Zoya's Stevie *harumph* That's too bad. This would've been sooo pretty over black except for the bubbles :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It just did not want to work with me. :( Ah well, it happens... lol

      Delete
  2. It's really light, but it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and...enjoy painting...how much are you painting? A room? a house?

      Delete
    2. Glad you like it. ^_^ We're doing the floor in one room so there's furniture moving involved, but it shouldn't take too long.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. lol I might, too, if my nails were a little nicer. ;) Would make an interesting base for a french!

      Delete
  4. Aww that's too bad it came out so light, that last up close photo of it though is super pretty! You teach those polishes a lesson, put them at the very back of the drawer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... today's marble stands out SO much better. ^_^ LOL Stupid polishes... they're in time out. hehehehe

      Delete
  5. I agree with Amy.. the colors are really pretty, even with how light they are.. And in the water all that shimmery goodness.. I think I may have to find these 2 colors to have in my arsenal..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And.. Where did you get the polishes from?

      Delete
    2. I swapped with Gin Shivers (http://baroquefool.blogspot.com/). I'm pretty sure this collection just came out so if you hit her up she may be able to still find them for you. She's really nice and loves to swap!

      Delete
  6. I took your advice.. she said now since it's been out for a little bit and is "special" it would be slim pickings... I guess we'll wait for eBay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *fingers crossed* Hope you find 'em!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!