Thursday, January 16, 2014

Essence: Ice Skates On! & KleanColor: Metallic Purple

Yep, time to start chipping away at this massive pile of polish. I try to hide my shame in drawers (I need more drawers...), but I keep my untrieds on top of the drawers next to me and... well... they're also covering my laptop on the other side. *oops* Plus, Zoya sent me a "thank you" code for using the last one and... well... soon as the money transfers I'll be ordering more Zoyas. *teehee* So, yes, let's get the ball rolling!

Starting with essence Ice Skates On! from the Ice Ice Baby collection. Ice Skates On! is... an interesting color. I can't tell if it's light blue with green shimmer or light blue-green with blue-green shimmer. Either way it's pretty... if a bit sheer...



That's three coats. Unusual, right? For an essence? It did dry super quickly, but dang that's sheer...



Stamping (and double-linking) has become my new favorite way to disguise VNL. So in the interest of posting two polishes and making Ice Skates On! just a little prettier, I busted out Cheeky plate CH26:



And KleanColor Metallic Purple. Which, omg, is purple!!



I know, I know, I did stars last time. I wanted to do the little bubble tips (or an all over bubble on a different plate), but the pulverized metallic bits didn't want to cooperate with such fine lines. Stars worked, though. Oh, and Metallic Purple is most definitely a single-coater if you're careful. Two at the most. Dried pretty quickly, too. Love this one!



So cute! (yeah, I know that star didn't totally connect... so spazzy....) I really like how these colors look together, too. See? I'm getting better. LOL

Tomorrow's going to be a super busy day so I think... I don't know. Yes I do. Bevin. Tomorrow is going to be Bevin. lol Then Saturday I'll layer Lucky over that. Hope everyone's had a great week so far. Nearly the weekend! Take care and be safe!! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. With the stamping this color could be a figure skater's costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O_O!!! I didn't even think of that! You're so right! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Ice Skates On! is gorgeous and that purple compliments it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @_@ Ermagawd Ice Skates On is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Next time if you use nude undies I bet that'll take care of the VNL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea! I need more nudes... lol

      Delete
  4. Dat purple! And Essence really needs to just send everything they make to Ulta or somewhere so I can buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! @_@ Yeah, I don't know why essence isn't more readily available. Everybody loves it!!

      Delete
  5. I love love love that essence color. I will definitely be getting that for my daughter. It is her favorite color. And putting the purple with it; that is my favorite color combo (along with brown/pink combo). So so so pretty. I like the stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! ^_^ Glad you like it. OMG I love pink with brown, too! Going to have to do a water marble for that. Maybe with some teal. @_@

      Delete

I love hearing from you!